Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Carter~Edition #22~The Grass Is Always Greener...

Technically I'm cheating a little. It is Monday, but just barely. I'm 14 minutes into the day and am doing the typical night owl bit so Monday Carter is more like Sunday Carter...


Sunday Carter was quite a busy little bee. She woke up at the crack of dawn to get ready for her very first performance with the kids choir at church. She was just a wee bit excited! More on the performance to come (it involves video uploading and I really should be going to bed).


She did fantastic, but in between performances we also sent Nate on a little road trip. It sort of marks the beginning of a couple of months of him being away from home quite a bit. But, the schedule is more manageable than it has been at times and I'm thankful for that. I have to admit every time we get the separation ball rolling again I have a little bit of a mental battle working. Maybe it is every gal's battle to choose the optimism and suppress the pessimism...I know at times it is mine. You know, the good ol' "The grass is always greener on the other side of the road" syndrome...




I'm guessing it's not a famous saying for no reason. But, I think what I've been realizing (more and more lately) is how thankful I am for the things that are on our "side of the road". A steady, secure, well paying job. One that supports our little family quite nicely and isn't going anywhere. The sweet love that we all share for each other. The fact that my heart has been stolen by a certain little someone who is about 3 feet tall and weighs 28 pounds soaking wet. Smiling because I have a husband that makes me laugh and laughs at me...I like that. Knowing that the things I sometimes think I would want to change are actually the things that have made us stronger, closer and more in love than ever. Realizing that the grass I'm sitting on really is green...

And in spite of the things that I sometimes think I would like to change...if I had my choice I think I would actually pick this life...the one I'm in...the exactly where I'm at life...

Because sometimes a weed can look just like a flower...

And I'm actually just going to go for the super postive thought that maybe our "weeds" really are "flowers". Beauty, after all, is in the eye of the beholder...

7 comments:

The Army of Allmans said...

Beth, what a beautiful post, it is hard when the husbands are gone all the time to think this way, and I am glad you are being optomistic and grateful. And, those are the cutes pictures ever- you are the best photographer!

Joni said...

Thanks Beth, I really needed this post, too! I love your writing...it always puts a smile on my face.

full of gracie said...

I love the way you put things into perspective!!

Case and Los said...

Love this! (and C's dress)

Roxanne said...

Bethany Ann! You are an amazing woman! You have a special way with words. Very touching! Yery true. Thanks for sharing your heart in such an encouraging way. You are loved!

heather said...

You are a strong beautiful woman! Military wives are a special special kind of person and you definetely are the cream of the crop. I hope your seperation goes by quickly and that you and Carter enjoy your time together.

Oh and where did you get that dress? I think a sweet Lilybug needs one. H

Beth said...

Thanks y'all!! :) Heather the dress is Mini Boden (a fun sale find last fall) but you should check them out I LOVE LOVE LOVE all their stuff for girls it's adorable!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails