Friday, April 24, 2009

NEST

In honor of our little trio arriving back in our nice cozy home today I thought I would post the results of my latest project! My entry way has been a source of contention for awhile now. It seemed boring and drab and plain jane. I got a little inspiration from Elizabeth Mitchell's remake of an old Bob Marley song Three Little Birds. Every time I hear that song it just makes me happy...


I woke up this morning

Smiled at the rising sun

Three little birds

on my doorstep

Singing a sweet song

A melody pure and true

Singing this is my message to you...

They said don't worry about a thing
cause' every little thing it's gonna' be alright

And now everytime I walk in the door it makes me think of that song, which makes me happy! What a nice little cycle. So here it is, BEFORE....

told you plain JANE!! Now AFTER...
A nice little punch I think...
My very own three little birds sing me a sweet song everytime I walk in the door! Happy Nesting!

8 comments:

Elaine said...

LOVE IT!!!

The Army of Allmans said...

Beth - I think you can do it all! How cute. Maybe one day you can come to Alabama and 1. redo my decorating in the house 2. take our family pics and 3. design another blog look....I mean what can't you do!

Sam said...

Too Cute!!! I love how you make your home inviting, stylish, and fun! You are an inspiration to us all!

full of gracie said...

really cute!! I am so impressed!

Roxanne said...

Beth, my deary-do! This is simply amazing. I love it so much! So professional.

Megs said...

I love the entryway! How did you affix the placemats to the wall? curious minds are wondering:)

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Hey girls, thanks for all the compliments! In case anyone was wondering (besides Megan :) it was super simple! The boards with the letters on them are placemats from the new Orla Kiely line from Target ($5 each), but they are heavy duty which lends itself to way more possiblities (like this!) I just attached them to the wall with a small nail in the corners. The birds were done with on overhead projector...so easy!!! Anyone could do it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails