Tuesday, April 14, 2009

$7 is a small price to pay...

Tonight was full of first's. We took Carter to the Fallon movie theater, for the first time...


to see this movie, for the first time...



we bought a LARGE tub of popcorn for $7 (ok, not the first time)...



and we got Carter a "Kid's Pack". You know the snack that is supposed to be the perfect size for a wee little munchkin? Well, apparently the Fallon Theater didn't get the memo. Not only was it loaded with popcorn (which was gone after Carter popped one piece right after another in her mouth for the first half of the movie) but, it also had a FULL size bag of these puppies which she polished off in no time...


and to chase it all down a nice cold MUG root beer. At this point Nate and I were giving each other the glance, you know the one that says, "Can our 28 pound kid really stomach all that?" And the answer to that question would be no. Which is where the large popcorn bucket came in real handy. The whole gig went off without a hitch and no one was the wiser. After a quick trip to the bathroom Carter informed me she thought she had over done it with the root beer, and come to think of it maybe the skittles as well. Live and learn sweet baby...live and learn! Which could equally apply to me...because after one such occasion when a handy dandy popcorn bucket was no where to be found my clothes and I were the lucky replacements. So, while I am 99.9% certain this was a case of overeating let's just say my sweet little lady is still sleeping with an empty popcorn bucket next to her head...because one thing is for sure, moms can live and learn too!!

8 comments:

Casey said...

Mmm. Rainbow throw up. I remember several of those incidents!

The Army of Allmans said...

Poor thing...the one good thing is Parker had that happen last halloween and is still afraid to eat lots of candy in one sitting! So there can be a blessing in the mix of it!

Sam said...

Wow!!! Carter really went for it! Hope the empty popcorn bucket stayed empty!

Shanna said...

Ok, I would definitely be lying if I said I was jealous of your "vacation" so far!

Kimberly said...

Mmmmm.... throwing up in the "armpit" movie theater. Yum. Yum. Quite the vacation! I hope she didn't have to use that other popcorn container!

Beth said...

Luckily I don't look at this as vacation!!! :) More like "what we have to do to have family time in the military" type of a thing!! Please please please don't ever pick Fallon as your vacation destination!! You'll be sorely dissapointed!

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

Hey Beth, I was checking my blog and had received a comment from you that I had won one of your Blog design giveaways, you can e-mail me at kristi.street at nc mail.net
I can't wait to hear form you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails