
Saturday we decided to take the opportunity and head to a nearby resort to do a little snow tubing. We debated skiing (which Carter has never done) but decided since we only had one day we would go for guaranteed fun and tube instead. We arrived in the Northstar Village which was really cool...
Got our sunscreen on...
And killed a little time while Nate got our tickets...
We then hopped on the gondola and headed up the mountain to the tubing hill...
One very excited little snow bunny...
This was a first for me too, and I was pretty excited myself...
I was also a little nervous because Carter was required to do everything in her own personal tube by herself...I'm a worry wart and always see the worst possible outcome in these situations, but she was a champ! Helping dad get her tube to the zip cord...
Riding up the hill (they do a lot of the work for you)...
We did a family train for our first few runs...
I even managed to snag this video as we went down the hill...
We were having a great time but pretty soon she wanted to do it, "All by herself!!!" (all parents of three year old's are familiar with that phrase I'm sure!)...
She had a blast!! It was the absolute PERFECT activity for her age and I'm so glad we opted for it over skiing. I think it was a really positive first snow experience and we'll tackle skiing next year! Here are a couple of other videos, one of her going down the hill with Nate and one with me...
After our tubing extravaganza we headed back down the mountain. During the winter they have a really cool ice skating rink in the middle of the village, but when the weather gets warmer they switch to roller skating. This was a lucky break for Carter who got to show off her recently acquired mad skating skills to her dad....
All the activity left us pooped! We headed to the Fifty Fifty Brewery for dinner. Table for three please...
And later on, one tired little munchkin, who still looks a lot like my baby when I catch her sleeping like this...

2 comments:
Beth- looks like ya'll are having tons of fun! I would love to be doing the tubing, I remember it as a child, so Carter might too!
There is fun tubing in WA too, so maybe you guys can do it again? I did that in college:) Cute pics on the snow and of Carter at the pool (the colors are really cool in those ones)
Post a Comment