Experiencing life with your oldest child is a unique experience. Everything is new. That being said I'm not sure a year will go by that I don't feel a little caught off guard by how much older she feels. After all I've never had a third grader before...
I don't know if I'll ever get over feeling like she's growing up too fast...but I do know I'm starting to feel more and more determined to not mourn what we are leaving behind. Don't get me wrong I love reminiscing with the best of them...I adore a good trip down memory lane and can get a little teary when I run across a photo of her from a few years ago. But, here's the thing, I can't stay sad for long because I'm just so darn happy with who she's turning into. I love this big girl version our little Carter is morphing into. She's lovely and kind and she's just someone I find myself loving to spend time with. I can't help but think about the lovely things that lie ahead of us...but first things first...conquering the first day of third grade...
And after we sent her off with a confident smile I needed a good dose of someone much littler and not nearly so grown up...
We can always count of Kim and MT for a good dose of baby!
Carter I have no doubt you are gonna' soar through third grade with flying colors! The year ahead is yours for the taking...go get em'. XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment