Thursday, March 14, 2013

Adding the Uncle

It's no secret my sister is my best friend.  She's been with me for as long as I can remember...




We've shared birthdays...


And clothes...


And awkward stages of life...


I like her about as much as I've ever liked a person...


She knows me in a way that only someone whose been beside you from the beginning can...


She gets me and in return I get her.  I like her very much...


Did I mention she's a top notch Aunt?  Icing on the cake...




So here's the thing.   When you love someone like I love my sister you obviously want them to be happy.  And not just happy but really happy.  Like happily ever after...life couldn't get any better...real deal happy.  Insert Bryan...


Remember how I was going on and on about wanting my sister to be happy?  Well mission accomplished.  You're the best Bryan.  I mean that from the bottom of my heart.  And just because I'm kind of into tooting my own horn I have to say I totally called this one...



So this week we're all gathering round and making things official.  It's gonna' be one big party and the only thing missing will be my two favorite little people.  I've been torn and a little sad but in the end one thing I've learned as a Mom is that the ideal version of them running around in beautiful flowy dresses on the beach is probably not nearly as accurate as the one where Emme melts down during the vows or they wind up soaking wet with salt water in their eyes.  Still this is a BIG thing for them.  They love Bryan and the idea of adding the "Uncle" to his name is something that puts a smile on their faces.  They are crazy about this guy...



So it did my heart good when Kim suggested getting them all dressed up so they could surprise them with a dessert date (I told them we were "playing princess")...





With hair curled, blush on and lip gloss applied abundantly we headed out front to take a few photos...



Really just my best attempt at stalling but it worked!  The many faces of Emerson...









Stop! Pause! Freeze!!  Don't get any bigger please...



And speaking of getting bigger...Carter.  I can hardly take it...





At this point the gig was almost up and I knew I was about to lose them so as a last ditch effort I told them now they each had to dance with their Prince (that would be me in case it isn't clear :)...





And yes I will happily play Prince Charming if it means not ruining a surprise...



And luckily that bought me just enough time.  I loved the look on Carter's face as Kim and Bryan pulled up and she realized there was more to the story.  Surprises are really fun...



Kim and Bryan you are some of our favorite people.  You make each person in our family so happy and I am thankful everyday that we have you.  Knowing that we get to be a part of your "everyday" lives and that you are a part of ours is one of the things we love most about San Antonio...I mean that.  We are so happy to celebrate with you this week...there is no where else in the world we would rather be.  At the risk of sounding cheesy (one I'm willing to take) y'all have a beautiful love story.  I hope this week is everything you wanted it to be and more.  Welcome to our family Bryan.  You fit like a glove and we are so happy to have you.  Love y'all so much!  XOXO

3 comments:

debi said...

Loved this Beth!

debi said...

Loved this Beth!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

So People Magazine just tweeted about your sister's wedding and I was like, "Oh my gosh! I know her sister!" Then I felt like a stalker because I don't actually know you, but I feel like I have watched your kids grow up! Then I had to laugh at myself for being such a dork.

In all seriousness, I have always loved reading your blog, and a big part of that was the relationship you have with your sister. I'm envious! It's such a special bond. So keep writing about her and those precious girls and everything else. I love it all! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails