Monday Carter's daddy was home from work today and isn't it amazing what a treat that is! It means the weekend is one day longer and that her momma gets to sleep in THREE days in a row as opposed to just two (I really did marry Prince Charming). After hanging around just long enough to watch our favorite golfer finish up his round (aka Tiger Wood y'all) we headed over to civilization to do a little "school" shopping. Granted Carter is only starting Pre-School tomorrow but she is boiling over with excitement. She needed a couple of pairs of jeans for her long, lean and lovely legs which grow faster than a weed so starting school seemed like a good excuse to go shopping!
Thanks to a pair of jeans passed down from our good friends Elli and Ava I was clued in to a little secret. I'll share in case there are any other mom's of string bean toddler girls out there who can't find a pair of pants that fit to save their life!! Arizona Jean Co. (carried at JC Penney) just so happens to start making a slim style jean starting with size 4T...music to my ears! They fit great and Carter is officially stylin' and profilin' instead of a saggy bottom britches girl! We had so much fun in the dressing room. I had picked out her jeans and she had picked out a few items that were a little more "glitzy", as in glittery sweat pants to be exact. She tried things on and modeled them for a very enthusiastic audience of one, her daddy. Sometimes she is too cute for her own good.
Of course a trip to the "main land" isn't complete without a pass through Target. We made a few purchases but the big one for Monday Carter was a new high back booster. She was looking quite grown up on the way home in her new big kid seat!!
I can't believe she is off to Pre-School tomorrow...suddenly she is feeling a little bigger than I'm ready for. I told her just yesterday, "Can you please stop growing up so fast?" And she came right back with "Mommy I can't! But, don't worry, I'll always be Carter!" So true, so true. You will always be my Carter no matter how big you get sweet girl...I'm so proud of how far you have come in these first four years. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment