Monday, July 16, 2012

Today

Today Carter woke up early and got dressed lickety split.  Today was a big deal.  Today was the a day she's been looking forward to all Summer.  Today was her very first day of camp...



On our way to drop her off for the bus she said, "Mom!  I have butterflies!"  But I'm pretty sure they melted away the second we got there...


My butterflies stuck around.  It's not everyday you stick your baby on a school bus and send her down the highway...


I took a deep breath said a prayer and trusted the fact that I know even when I'm not around she's in the very best hands (they just so happen to belong to this cool dude I know named Jesus).  Emme and I weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves.  So we made some funny faces to pass the time away...


And before we knew it our happy camper was back!  Her only complaint was needing more "bus snacks".  Problem solved...




Today was a good day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails