Emme was keeping me entertained with a rousing game of peek-a-boo...
And Carter was asking every 5 minutes "how many more minutes til' we get there"? We had all the makings of a good old fashioned family road trip...
Complete with a pit stop for BBQ...
And then (because we are all about short and sweet) we were there!
That my friends is the benefit of the Texas vs. Florida coast. You can go from your front door step to toes in the sand in a matter of a few short hours...
The girls couldn't wait to catch a few waves...
Emerson needed a little help from her favorite guy...
I love the way being at the beach just encourages you to sit back, relax and take it all in...
Later that night Leslie and I walked to down to see if we could catch the sunset. Carter tagged along for a little beach walk in her pajamas. It doesn't get much better than that...
She stopped along the way to draw something in the sand then ran up begging me to go back and look. We were quite a ways ahead and being lazy I sent her back with my phone to take a picture instead of walking back to see it in person. I wish I had made the effort because when I saw what she wrote it made my heart happy...
After a good nights rest (that's laced with just a little sarcasm because sharing a twin bed with a toddler is not for the faint of heart)...
We were ready for another day of sun and sand! The plan was to hop on a Jetty boat and explore St. Joseph's island...
It delivered with plenty of shells and clear water. The perfect 2 hour adventure. Not too long, not too short but juuuuuust right. After a sno-cone and a much needed nap we headed back to the beach and look who had arrived to join in on the fun...
We spent our last afternoon sand castle building and relaxing...
There's a little trick we've learned about traveling at night...babies fall asleep...
When I look at our family the last time we hung out in Port A...
It's easy to see little people are growing up all over the place around here...
I'm so glad we're having fun along the way.


No comments:
Post a Comment