Sunday, July 15, 2012

Teardrops in the Rain

This week we had a nice break from the triple digits with several rainy days.  Getting out of bed is just a little harder on gray days.  I could have easily slept the morning away but these little sleepy heads were insisting I feed them breakfast...





I remember why I loved the rain so much when we first moved to Washington.  In Texas rainy days (especially consecutive ones) are few and far between and I always enjoy them.  We did a little singing in the rain (fans make the best microphones)...




And there was also a heck of a lot of peeing in the rain going on...


June's not the only one we're "training" Emerson has also decided she kind of likes the idea of big girl panties (we're not in full force but giving it a go when she's interested)...




There were goggles in the rain...




Ice cream in the rain...


And unfortunately there were teardrops in the rain...


My sweet little Carter.  She can be stubborn but she also has once of the most precious hearts.  We had gotten home Monday and I'd been on the phone for a little bit.  When I hung up she came out of her room and I could tell she had been crying.  I asked her what was wrong and she burst into tears again.  Through her sobs I could barely make out, "I miss Jaden and Hudson."  Time is a hard thing for kids to understand and I'm pretty sure right now a year feels like forever.  I'm thankful she loves well but unfortunately that sometimes comes with a little pain too...


Don't worry baby.  One thing I know about rain is it can't last forever and the sun will shine again.  I love you!  Mama

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails