This post is not about traveling back in time but is quite literally about our birthday visit to The Magic Time Machine (as in the restaurant). Kim had been as a child and it must have made a lasting impression because she has been asking to go back ever since.
Like the good men they are Nate and Bryan surprised us with dinner at this very "magical" place. Ok...so maybe it isn't exactly magical. Maybe it leans a little more toward the outdated, slightly dirty, you sort of feel like you're in a creepy dream side. But it was incredibly memorable and something I don't think we will forget! We kicked things off with some bubbly potion...
We were waited on by the charming Poison Ivy...
And after a few drinks...
We paid a visit to the Salad Car (I warned you it was cheesy)...
The rest of the meal was a bit of a blur and may or may not have involved a really bad rendition of "I need you Baby" by half the restaurant (which means about 10 people). I have not laughed that hard in a very long time. It was an epic evening...
Oh and I can't leave out frog. Let me just say that when my sister claims to be a little weird it's not just an act. I can totally prove it. It started when Bryan won her this frog...
Which she promptly decided to call her baby...
Things went downhill from there...
To know her is to love her for making you participate in all of her antics...
Our evening was the perfect way to end what had been a unexpectedly sweet day. I didn't really think my birthday would feel like a big deal this year...but I was wrong. It was one of my best yet. Nate and the girls surprised me bright and early with something I didn't even know he knew I wanted. Wrist meet Mr. Kors...
And lunch with some of the sweetest women you have ever met literally blessed my heart. I feel so incredibly loved through the community of people we have found to share life with here. I felt like I could have cried several times sitting there at the lunch table just thinking about how much each of the people I was surrounded by means to me. After all the moving we have done it is the best gift ever to have found such amazing friends (clockwise: Sarah, Lori (not pictured), Linda, Kim, Cayce, Anne Marie, Me, Nicki, and Kelley)...
So this birthday which officially pushes me into my actual 30's was one of the best yet. As I was thinking the other day I realized that I have so often found myself looking forward to something in the future or maybe even looking back at the way things used to be. Right not I am so very happy to be exactly where I am at. It is one of my favorite places I've been. Also so happy to get to share turning another year older with this girl (it literally seems to blow peoples minds that we have the same birthday!)...
Happy Friday!















1 comment:
I'm so happy to hear y'all had such a wonderfully fun Birthday! Thanks for sharing the moments. I want to go there when I come visit.
Post a Comment