I love a good long weekend. Around here it means sleeping in (thanks Nate) and Sunday morning cinnamon rolls (again Nate gets the credit for that one). It means naps on the living room floor...
And getting a few things done around the house (as in hanging up these adorable cross stitch hand prints, the sweetest gift from Nonna, I'm so in love with them. A million thank you's Donna they are priceless)...
I also squeezed in a trip by myself to the grocery store which oddly enough was highly enjoyable, dare I even say fun?! Saturday night brought definite fun with friends and a game of Balderdash around our dining room table (I'm pretty sure I caught Kim cheating in this photo)...
But hands down the highlight of our weekend was this morning when Nate set out to conquer setting up a new trampoline for the girls. With plans in his pocket...
And two very eager assistants...
(who were only slightly distracted by the occasional urge to race around the "track")...
He spent the better part of the morning assembling and exercising a lot more patience than I ever could. I'm pretty sure the smiles on their faces were all the thanks he needed...
They bounced the afternoon away and Carter was thrilled with the "action shots" we captured on my iphone...
It was the definition of a sunshine day...
As I rocked Emerson tonight she got heavy in my arms and I knew she was drifting off to sleep more quickly than usual (non-stop jumping will do that to a two year old). As I gently laid her into her crib her eyes fluttered open and she groggily said, "I bounce so high"...and I think my heart melted right then and there. I love my girls and I love my husband and I love the way he loves them...
Thanks for all your hard work today babe...I'm pretty sure Emme's sweet dreams have her bouncing the night away too.

















2 comments:
Oh, how adorable, Beth! What a fun day you all had. Thanks for always making me feel like I'm there.
Way to go Nate! You are a great Dad!
We're so proud of you all!
Lot's of love!
Carter in flight is now my wallpaper! Great pictures...I can't wait to join in the fun! The girls will get a kick out of this 'old lady' Nonna jumping with them on the tramp! Love you guys!
Post a Comment