Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Yawk

In the wee hours of last Sunday morning I headed off with my sister and one of our best buds Lyndsay for New York City. They were attending the Bridal Market for their fabulous bridesmaid boutique and I was looking for a little adventure. I love motherhood and marriage and being a "housewife" but the chance for a little time away and experiencing a city I'd never seen was enticing. We were bright eyed and bushy tailed as we boarded our plane at 6:00 am...

About 6 hours and some makeup later we finally arrived in NYC!

We headed straight for our hotel, the lovely Westin in Times Square...

Kim and Lyndsay headed off (they had important business to attend to) while I hung out at the hotel. I had some important business to attend to as well, it involved a really long nap in this fabulous bed...

I hooked up with them a little later and we grabbed dinner (amazing that no matter what time of night you eat everything is packed!)...

We wrapped up the night with a trip to the iconic Serendipity. We were hoping to feel a bit like the beautiful Kate Beckinsale sipping frozen hot chocolate...

But don't hate me if I say I'm pretty sure that a chocolate shake made with Blue Bell ice cream tops this dessert any day of the week!

Coming up, day two. Ummmm yeah, we totally saw Martha Stewart.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

I loved when we went to NY and would love to go back! And I am so jealous you went to Serendipity! One of my fav movies!

Roxanne said...

Yay! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this post! It was worth it. Please don't make me wait too long for the continuation.

Case and Los said...

NYC is so fun. One of our fave places to visit! p.s. Los and I are dressing up as your parents for Halloween (Friday Night Lights, coach and wife!) Looking forward to more pics/stories!

Molly said...

looks like SO much fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails