Friday, October 15, 2010

DIY Baby Clothes Bouquet

I just love new friends. Especially when they are the kind of people you can sit down with over lunch and leave feeling like you've known them a whole lot longer than an hour. My latest addition in the friend department fits that bill to a T. Her name is Helen...she is beautiful, sweet, and until last week very pregnant! Last week she delivered her precious little boy Luke three weeks early. I couldn't wait to pay them a little visit at the hospital but knew I couldn't arrive empty handed! I swiped this idea off of ETSY and thought I would share it with you. I love the thought of flowers, but as we all know, they don't last long. Here is a way to deliver a bouquet of blooms that will last. Start with the goods (I chose a couple of onesies, bibs, washcloths, newborn hats, and the must have a baby blanket....



You then take each item and roll it individually (keep in mind you will want enough small things to make a full bouquet). Arrange them in a flower like bunch...



Then take your baby blanket and wrap your blooms (simulating the outer paper around a bouquet of flowers)...



You could totally call it a day and deliver this as is, but I added a few finishing touches in the form of flowers and leaves (made of tissue and scrapbook paper)....



I also added a cute monogram to the tag (L is for LUKE!)...



Voila! The finished product...



Fun and functional I love this idea! But you know what is even cuter than a blanket wrapped bouquet?? A blanket wrapped baby...



Congratulations Helen and Ben, Luke is absolutely adorable!!

3 comments:

Case and Los said...

Once again, you never cease to amaze me! So darling!

Sam said...

love this idea! It has Beth written all over it!

Cayce and Joel Harris said...

so cute beth!! and congrats helen!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails