Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Taking a Stand

Life has moments that require taking a stand. I can remember them starting as early as grade school...standing up to a bully, or maybe befriending someone that others deemed "uncool". Later it was for things I believed in or maybe taking a stand with a high school boyfriend who wanted to take things a bit "too far" if you catch my drift. As a young wife I took a stand for love following my Navy guy from duty station to duty station as he pursued his dream. And as a mother I find myself daily taking a stand for the little things...a please, a thank you, and what it means to say you are sorry.

It could be said that life is a series of stands, and a few weeks ago Emerson took her very first one! I happened to have my camera near by as she pulled up onto this table for the fist time...

There was pure joy and pride written all over her face. I can only hope that as life goes on and taking a stand gets a little harder she will have the same sense of pride for standing up for what she believes in. Way to go baby girl...this is only the beginning.

5 comments:

Me said...

Way to go, E!!

Tricia said...

She is adorable! This year is just flying by!

I wanted to say how much I like the "LinkWithin" feature on your blog- I enjoyed reading several of your older posts, and through one of them found the link to Angie Smith's blog about Audrey Caroline. I don't know how many hours I've spent this week reading it from start to finish, but they were hours well spent. THANK YOU.

Molly said...

LOVE!!!!!! this post!!!!

Roxanne said...

Oh,Beth! I can't believe! I didn't know... and how awesome that you caught her. Her expression is priceless!

Great post, dear. I'm so proud of you and all the stands you've taken!

Love you dearly!

Case and Los said...

You go girl!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails