I think bathrooms are one of the rooms in a home that can go either way, being fabulous or functional. A strictly functional bathroom is not a deal breaker in a home, but if you wind up with one that feels a little on the fabulous side it's like an added bonus. When we checked out our current digs the girls/guest bathroom was a pleasant surprise...
It is an older home, which usually means a slightly neglected and outdated bath. But much to my surprise this one had been spruced up and I loved the perfect mix of vintage and modern...
Lot's of white and aqua, with a few splashes of pink, leave things feeling airy and girly...
I also love the under the counter top open shelving, it's the perfect spot for all those little bath critters and other necessities...
I'm also a fan of using something unexpected (like a bud vase) to hold something expected (like a toothbrush) I think it spruce's things up a bit...
But my favorite things about this bathroom is the print that I knew would be right at home the second I walked in. It serves to tie everything together perfectly. I have had these goldfish for a long time but have never loved them more than I do in this cozy little room (art by Henry Matisse)...
It's a happy little place and the perfect room for munchkin's to get squeaky clean! Oh I almost forgot the fish above reminded me I wanted to introduce you to the newest member of our family, Ruby...
She loves the water just as much as Carter and Emme so she fits right in!

1 comment:
I sure hope you give Ruby a better living environment than we gave poor little Beau in college! :)
Oh, and you kind of make me sick with all your bathroom cuteness... no one should be so cute & creative, it's just not fair! :)
Post a Comment