We knew we couldn't leave the Big Apple without seeing a few of the hot tourist spots. Our first stop was a walk through The Plaza Hotel...
It is so beautiful, in a fancy overly "done" way. I think in my next life I'll be a rich New York Socialite who has a warm croissant and coffee right here...

and then on to the iconic FAO Schwartz, I just had to pop in and find something to take home for my girls...

We got a little carried away looking at everything and at some point Lyndsay noticed there were a lot more adults than kids shopping around. Something about toys just makes you smile. I was totally smitten with these dollhouses (I could definitely get into creating my "dream home")...

Of course we couldn't leave without seeing the famous "BIG" piano...
At some point while we were standing there a teenage girl walked up and said, "Is this piano in some old movie or something?" And at that moment I felt old...really old. Lyndsay played a little ditty to cheer me up...

And apparently worked up an appetite (toy soldier is solid jelly beans)...
Central Park was our next stop...Kim and Lyndsay went with a classic back to back pose...
And here's Kim and I in our matching puffer vests...
(I know you had yours first, what can I say you are my style icon)...
Our last stop before we headed home was a quick walk through Times Square...
Kim and Lyndsay found something to be amazed by...
Which isn't hard when there is something flashing at you everywhere you look...
Of course there was a lot of New York that we didn't see, but maybe next time...

2 comments:
First and foremost...love the skinny's! It looks like such an amazing trip Beth! I'm so glad you had some well deserved girl time!
Thanks for the vest credit:) I also just want to mention that this sunny photo of me I look like Jake from twilight in the first one when he lives on the reservation and is a freshman in high school.
Post a Comment