In case I failed to mention it before my heart is full of love and thanks for every one of our family members and friends who entertained, fed, loved, put up with, and cared for us over the past couple of months. We have been perpetually on the road, spending large amounts of time at my parents house, but also various other places along the way. And while the trip was just what the doctor ordered, it definitely served the purpose of speeding this separation from Nate along nicely, it is also quite true that there is simply no place like home. It is no secret that I have been known to spend quite of bit of time, energy and effort in decorating our humble abode. I really do love the process of creating spaces for us to live in and enjoy. So, it is not so much that I am happy to be away from all that we were happily enjoying in Texas, that is not it at all. It is simply that I am thrilled to be back in the environment that has lovingly been created just for our little family of three. I'm thankful as well that when you are away from something for awhile it suddenly feels fresh, new and fun again. This is true of a lot of things, but also my house! The one thing that is taking some getting used to is the weather. Although cold weather gear can be pretty darn cute, especially when you're three...
It has been a steady stream of mist, rain, fog and grey since we arrived, oh, and I forgot to mention cold...I find myself wanting to stay inside and avoid even the simplest of outings. That will change soon, living here you quickly find that you must carry on as normal in spite of the adverse weather, I'll have to get back into the swing of things. We've had a quiet and low key weekend. I've been leisurely unpacking and Carter has been enjoying all of her "new" old toys after not having had them for awhile. These new dolls from "Santa" are so good at giving her their undivided attention...
She has also enjoyed seeing all of her friends over the past couple of days. For those who have heard her chatter on and on about them for the past couple of months you will be happy to know that Friday she was finally able to see and spend time with Cooper and Connor which was immediately followed up by an evening spent with Elli and Ava, probably pretty close to a dream day in Carter land. I loved having the girls over to spend time with us and hang out. It is always so fun to watch them immediately dive into dress up and make believe....
I'm so thankful for all the sweet friends that put a smile on Carter's face! I'm also so thankful that the countdown is officially on for the person to arrive who makes her giggle like no one else...it's always so fun when you can start saying this time next week Daddy will be home!!! Nothing compares.

3 comments:
Beth, glad you made it home safely. Hope your week goes by fast!
I envy your "leisure" unpacking! Home is a great thing but it sounds like your family and friends have been able to give you a home away from home during Nates absence. I can't wait to hear about your upcoming homecoming with Nate!
I understand how it's nice to be home and comfortable! I can't believe how big Carter is getting even though I see pics all the time of her it always surprises me. I am so thrilled about Nate coming home soon. I know you two are just ecstatic!!
Post a Comment