Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pops Goes the Weasel...Happy Birthday DAD!!

My parents live in the not too small, not too big West Texas mecca of Abilene. The people are friendly, the BBQ is famous, and my dad...well, he's a local celebrity! That's what happens when you are one of the best high school football coaches in the state of Texas (I'm not biased or anything). My dad makes the news most nights during football season and if you see him around town he'll be quick to give you a smile and a wave. He's a coach...but so are lots of people...what makes him different is he is a coach. He embodies everything that it means to be a good one. And the difference between him and the next guy is for him it's more than a job, it's a way of life...




He's pretty busy kicking ass and taking names, but he somehow manages to find time to be really good at some other things as well. He's a great husband to my sweet as pie mom...

And together they created the family that I feel thankful everyday to be a part of...

Of course that means he's been a pretty awesome dad, for as long as I can remember...

and of course, that hasn't changed one bit...

But, I think the thing I most thankful for right this very minute is that Carter has my dad in her life to be her Pops...
To teach her to say things like, "Pops goes the weasel", and "Dang that's tasty!"
I know he'll be there to make her laugh...

and vice versa...

Because it's easy to see, just by the way he looks at her, that she is adored...

and for that I couldn't be more grateful. Happy Birthday Dad...when I grow up I still want to be like you! We love you!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Thanks sweetie for your kind and thoughtful birthday tribute. Your dad will be touched. I can hardly wait to show him! Beth, you have a real knack for making us feel special. Your love is a continious gift. Your words are a blessing. We love you so much!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I found your blog from your mom's, but I'm not sure how I found hers!

Anyways, just wanted to say hello from one former Texan and current military wife to another. Enjoy all that great "just home from deployment" time!

Kim said...

isn't our dad precious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails