Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Carter Edition #12~Hey Y'all My Daddy's Home!!

He's Home (and he's asleep, which let's face it is the only reason I'm blogging right now instead of sitting and staring at him)!! Yesterday was one of the happy days. Getting to get all dressed up and heading to Seattle to get Nate was a highlight of the past three months. I almost wore a hole in the floorboard of the car doing my "nervous leg bounce" the whole way there. It was awesome. As much as I hate these separations, hate having Nate so far away, hate having him miss out on being in our lives for three months (and vice versa), you simply cannot re-create what it is like to get to see someone that you have been aching to see each and every day for months. When that day finally comes it is magic. Being that I am a firm believer in attitude, finding the positives in things, etc. (thanks for that mom and dad); I hold onto that thought and the hope of what that moment and the moments to follow will be like...knowing that in the end when we are all reunited again, this will somehow feel worth it and it will be awesome. I am never dissapointed.

We were under the impression that we would get to go meet him at his gate, but since he was coming in on an international flight it wasn't possible. So we twiddled our thumbs (torture), and hung out at Starbucks where Carter consumed a poppy seed, oh wait make that a lemon poppyseed muffin. I failed to mention it had lemon in it and after a few bites she looked at me and said, "Does this have lemon? It's delicious." Yeah, she's like 20 now. Anyway, then we headed down to the baggage area and set up camp directly in front of the escalator that Nate would enter the airport on...and then we waited....we took pictures of each other...

waited...waited...took some videos of each other...

waited some more...

and then...

he was there!!!

And, you remember that moment, the one I was telling you about? Well, we were right smack dab in the middle of it...

And, it was awesome...just like I knew it would be.

9 comments:

Molly said...

welcome home NATE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for yall!! Beth you are such a trooper!! I love reading your post on how much you love your husband!! God is so good and I glad you are all safe, sound and back togeather!!!!!!

mimi said...

A Warm Welcome Home to Nate!! I am so glad that he is home safe and sound with you and Carter. What wonderfully sweet photos :)
Mimi~

Case and Los said...

Did you show your military ID? I've done that before with Los and gotten to take Burly back to his gate! Yay for being reunited:)

Roxanne said...

Oh, Beth! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! I'm sooooo happy for you three to be back together. Enjoy every moment! Big hug!

lyndsay said...

Welcome Home Nate! I am so happy for y'all! Cute
signage. I love you guys!

full of gracie said...

I am so thrilled for you guys!! I am so glad Nate is finally home!!
Will Monday Carter continue??
I hope so!

Donna said...

Wonderful Happy Photos! Thanks for your blogging.....it really brings you into our lives! You are so great at your writing.
WELCOME HOME NATE! (I guess I need to get used to calling you Nate instead of Nathan.....once a mom always a mom!). I'm so proud of you and thrilled that you are back home loving on your little family. They have missed you so much, but they are very strong and courageous while you are gone. Y'all make the perfect picture. God bless your days ahead and Praise Him that you are all back together again! My love and prayers are forever yours!

Cayce and Joel Harris said...

so glad he's back...made me cry to see these pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails