Saturday, January 17, 2009

And then...There was GOOD news!!!

It all started last night while my good buddy Molly and I were hanging out at the drive in movie theater. We were about to take in Bride Wars and were enjoying sipping our diet cokes and eating Strawberry Gummi's when Nate called. "Not to get my hopes up", but to let me know that "getting to" where he was "supposed to be going" was proving to be a little more difficult then they had originally thought. He would know something in the next 4 hours, but he might get to come home early! I did my best to not get my hopes up, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't, and concentrated whole heartily on my movie distraction. Which, on a complete side note, Bride Wars is really cute! So, anyway, he finally calls back around 2 in the morning to update me that there is now about a 1% chance he will make it onto the flight that was going to be taking him "where he was going". So, my night was a slightly restless one, trying very unsuccessfully to not be excited. I woke up this morning and quickly opened my email hoping for some good news, and saw the sweetest three words a military wife can receive...
"I'm Coming HOME!!!"

And as if on cue the phone rings and it is Nate calling and I am overwhelmed because he will be here TOMORROW!!! Yes, beyond excited describes it really well. So, in case you can't keep up, first it was Sunday, then it was Tuesday, and now it is Sunday again...Craziness!!!

The other good thing is I have plenty of places to divert my nervous energy. I had planned things to keep myself busy for the next three days, knowing just sitting around would drive me crazy (what can I say, I'm type A). So, now I can channel all my nervous energy into cramming all those things into today!!! Gotta' go...Nate's coming home!!

6 comments:

Elaine said...

YAH!!! So excited for you guys! I wish ours was tomorrow too :o)

Heather said...

You made me ugly face cry! Yeah for you and your precious little girl!

Molly said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sam said...

YEAH!!!!

mimi said...

Hi Beth,
I have been keeping up with all your adventures while Nate was away. I think my favorite post was your visit from Santa or was it the "jacket" post. Both brought a tear to my eye---one from laughter and one from pure emotion. I am so glad that tomorrow Nate will be home. A big THANK YOU to him for all he does for our country!!!! I hope your day is wonderful--but what else could it possible be :)
Mimi~

Shanna said...

YEA!!!! I'm so excited for you! Him coming home tomorrow is just that much more exciting now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails