Monday, September 15, 2008

Three...It's a Magic Number

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder



You get your fill to eat



But always keep that hunger





May you never take one single breath for granted




God forbid love ever leave you empty handed



I hope you still feel small




When you stand beside the ocean



Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens




Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance



And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance



I hope you dance


I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance



Never settle for the path of least resistance



Living might mean taking chances



But they're worth taking



Loving might be a mistake



But it's worth making



I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean



Whenever one door closes,



I hope one more opens


Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance




And when you get the choice



To sit it out or dance



I hope you dance



Happy Birthday sweet Carter. You bring sunshine to our world! How is it possible that you are already three? I cannot believe it and yet I cannot imagine what we ever did without you...


15 comments:

619 Barnett Blvd. said...

Beth Carter is BEAUTIFUL!!! You have to tell me when you will be back in Texas! I really want you to come take Rhain Grace's pictures!! What an awesome mom you must be!!!

Marta said...

Beautiful little girl! And such awesome pictures Beth!

Chancey said...

I've said it once...I'll say it again...Beth, you're my hero. What a wonderful Mama you are! Looks like yall had fun @ the birthday party! I miss you!

Chancey

Roxanne said...

Beth! How absolutely beautiful! Of course, I'm crying....I'm overwhelmed by all the love. I'm touched and deeply blessed.

mom

Roxanne said...

Oh my! I almost forgot... Happy Birthday, precious Carter! The moment I laid eyes on you, you stole my heart. I'll never be the same.

You are an adorable little girl! I treasure everything about you. I can hardly wait for your next visit... I've got big plans for you and me. I love you SO MUCH!!!

BIG, BIG hug.
Roxi

Shanna said...

Happy birthday, Carter! Those pictures are awesome. She is such a beautiful little girl!

B E T H said...

Well, I feel like I've been elevated a full foot!!! Thank you all so much for your sweet comments and compliments...you know how to make a girl feel good! You wouldn't know it but this weekends been a little rough due to some changes "Uncle Sam" has thrown our way...I really appreciate all of you making my day a little brighter!

Case and Los said...

WHAT GORGEOUS PHOTOS!!!! We need to HAVE some kids so you can photograph them! We'll get on that:)

Will I see you Friday? I'm excited you're on FB now, I use that a million times a day:)

JANELLE said...

I love it Beth!! They grow so fast don't they??? Before you know it we will be at Carter and Coopers wedding!! :)

Elaine and Shawn said...

I love all of the pictures of her...especially the ones with the cute wings and boots! I still remember calling you after you left Pensacola to see if she was here yet and then finally getting the call from Nate. How time flies!

Bethany said...

How sweet, I love that song, what a precious tribute.

Mindi said...

Happy Birthday Carter! We love you! Wish we could see you more often! You have such sweet parents! You are a lucky little girl!

Stacey Kannenberg said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are talented and your daughter is gorgeous!! WOW! Great photos!

sharon said...

beautiful!!!! the past three years felt like they took forever, right? right?! you can lie to me if you want...

Vintage Indie said...

This is a beautiful post, and the photography is wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails