Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mother Land

Well, as it turns out the military can be unpredictable! Shocking I know. We were planning our family vacation for October, but of course the second Nate returned home the folks who pay him were already plotting when he would be leaving again. This is hard for me. I'd love to just have a minute to actually enjoy him being here before I have to think about him leaving again. But, the last time I checked no one was asking me, so I just choose to put on my big girl panties and deal with it. A lot of things are up in the air at this point and as a result our "leave" aka vacation was denied for October. So, last Saturday my sweetie sprung on me (via a very well written itemized letter) all of these possible changes and his new plan for our family vacation, which is now taking place....TOMORROW!! That's right, we're headed to Tejas tomorrow. The thing I am most excited about at this very moment is the fact that tomorrow at the airport I can pee in the regular stall all by myself without Carter gazing approvingly at me. It's the little things in life that you learn to appreciate when you are used to having a toddler shadowing your every move! She and I have traveled so much together we've got it down pat, but it is such a treat to go somewhere with all three of us! We'll get to enjoy some high school football, see family, and Nate and I are going to spend four glorious days just the two of us in Austin! I can't quite wrap my mind around what that will be like, we've never left Carter that long before. I am so excited and it is much needed for me. I love my baby, but my love for her daddy is where this whole thing started and I can't wait to spend a little concentrated time with the man of my dreams. I'll post when I can...but if you don't hear from me I'm probably just licking some good ol' Texas BBQ off my fingers!

9 comments:

Taylor and Dacia said...

yay! i'm glad you still get to go on vacation! looks like we'll be in Texas about the same time for at least a couple of days. we're going on our cruise from Houston on Sunday (and stopping in Austin to see fam)this is the first time for us to leave Ellie for more than a night...I know EXACTLY what you mean (I know I'll miss her like crazy though) HAVE FUN!

Elaine and Shawn said...

I hope you guys have a great time (I'm sure you will) and am glad you didn't have to cancel your trip all together. Have a wonderful time on your few days alone!!

sam said...

I'm so excited for you guys! The Navy keeps things exciting and ever changing - I guess that's what makes our life interesting! I hope you have a beautiful time and enjoy that yummy BBQ! It was great catching up with you the other day!

shannonandforrest said...

Yay for vacation!!! I am super excited for you guys that you will get a few days to reconnect sans adorable child. Keep up the good work on wearing your big-girl panties; I'm sure Nate appreciates your support so much more than you know.

Case and Los said...

Really cute post, I hope you guys have a sweet time. Do you like Stubbs? Are you going to ACL? Some times I hate the Navy for ruining MY agenda. But I know God's timing usually isn't my timing, so the Navy just reinforces that:) Have fun peeing in the stall by yourself! (funny, something I've never thought about, but I can imagine why that would be novel)

Marta said...

I'm so sorry that things are being rearranged but so glad that y'all still get to have a vacation! Especially that part that's kiddo-free! Hopefully we'll have some good weather here in Austin for your vacation!

Roxanne said...

Beth, I just love the way you think!...and write!...and try so hard to line everything up in a way that makes sense! ...and then try to make sense of it all when things don't go as planned. I love your loyalty, intensity , your focus! I love being your mama. It brings me a 'deep down' joy to watch you grow into such a beautiful and amazing woman. There are no limits to what God can do with a life yieled to Him. Thank you for being, refreshinly honest! You are loved.

heather said...

Hi Beth! I am a friend's of Sam's and I love your blog. I hope this isn't too blog-stalkerish of me! :) You have a great sense of humor and your love for your family shines through. As I learned from Sam, the military can make life challenging at times, but the grass is always greener on the other side. I have my hubby EVERYday and I sometimes look forward to our little breaks. It refreshes us and makes us appreciate each other more. I look forward to total remote control, toilet seats down and no snoring! Have fun on your trip!

Sara said...

If you'll be in Dallas, we'd love to see ya! Have fun being back in the great state of TEXAS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails