Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Great Northwest

Ok, so I know I'm running this risk of winning biggest hypocrite of the year award right now. Writing a post on how "great" the Northwest is while sitting in the sweet state of Texas just might get me kicked out! But, before I get any further from the fact I wanted to do a quick post on our super fun week before last...is there such a thing? It made sense to me....So, Nate's mom made the trek across America from Fredericksburg (a hidden gem in the middle of Texas that's famous for it's delicious peaches). It always takes having company to get our butt's in gear and go exploring, I guess that also makes us a little lazy, but that's beside the point. Anyway, we did the usual stop at Deception Pass which always makes me feel a little bit like I'm taking my life into my own hands. I honestly have had nightmares about Carter falling off this bridge. But, I grin and bear it, because it's one of the cooler things about visiting Whidbey Island. Here are some snapshots of the day, which was beautiful by the way...






We also took a new venture via ferry to Port Townsend. It's a fun little town and a nice day trip from Oak Harbor. It's amazing how a sunny day can make even the simplest outing more fun. Thanks so much for the visit Nonna, we had a great time!

A few silly faces to pass the time...

We'll be headed back to Washington soon. I'm looking forward to posting on our Texas sized vacation when we return. Right now we're just trying to enjoy to the warm weather, from what I hear the sun won't be doing much more "warming" in Whidbey until next spring...sounds like fall has officially fallen up North. I'm taking home some of my favorite Texas chili mix, because on a gray cool day something hot with a little cornbread can make the world a better place!

6 comments:

lyndsay said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I love the silly faces at the end!

B E T H said...

Thanks Lynds! Carter is into faces right now, it's fun except I'm having to get creative and I've quickly realized that everytime you tell Nate to "make a silly face" he sticks out his tongue! We need to practice!

sam said...

Too Cute! Love the pic of you and Nate acting super silly! I'm glad that you can find the beauty in all the places you go!

Elaine and Shawn said...

I don't think you quite understand how jealous and "homesick" I get when I look at pictures from WA! Looks like you had a good time with his mom and great weather!

Case and Los said...

The northwest is great- you just have to go out and make effort to experience it:) I feel like I've taken it for granted and now I'm like wait, I still want to hike a lot, and kayak, and and and... dangit, I'm moving to flat ugly TX. I know TX will have great memories too, but natural resource-wise, I really should have done more here, since there won't be anything as beautiful there:( (at least in CC, I am planning to go up to hill country as much as possible!)

REALLY cute post to Carter too, good words about how she is created to grow up, I think I may forget that when we have a baby!

Marta said...

So these pictures made me so homesick for the NW that I can't see straight! The Pacific Northwest may just be the MOST beautiful place in the world!!!! Not a day goes by that we don't miss it! (Though we wouldn't trade where we are in life now AT ALL! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails