Since Nate returned a little over a week ago we've done a whole lot of just hanging out. Truth be told there have been several days where we haven't even ventured out of our house. I think we are all pretty happy to just be together. Our couch has been a pretty popular place!We've spent a lot of time watching the video I made Nate for our anniversary...it turned out pretty darn cute it I do say so myself (and I just did), but it is also almost 20 minutes long...so I'm not even going to attempt to figure out how to put that on here!
We have ventured out for a few outings. The first was to pick blueberries. Since we moved to WA I've gotten just a little obsessed with berry picking. I think I realized that any time something is a "good deal" I have a hard time not trying to figure out how to capitalize on it. I finally convinced Nate to buy an extra refrigerator last year so that I would have a place to freeze all the berries I was picking! I attempted blackberry jam last year and it turned out well so I may add strawberry to my repertoire this year! Anyway, it was a sunny Saturday and the blueberries were finally ripe so off we went!
Of course there was a lot of THIS going on...
There's no doubt about it, these two are definitely buddies!
Just in case you needed it here is a little more clarification about little buddies...
We topped the day off by heading to the bowling alley. Apparently my husband spent a lot of time while he was gone bowling and he couldn't wait to show off his mad skills. He also enjoyed helping Carter get the hang of bowling. (My hubby has some awesome calves...I'm jealous I can't get calves like that no matter how hard I try)!Carter caught on quick and was happy to show off some of her sweet moves!
In case you need a closer look here's our little dancing queen...
4 comments:
I'm jealous you have a second freezer, I wish I could keep berries like that! I will miss berries so much when we move to TX (and all the crops that grow up here easily); how fun that you've learned how to can/make jam, I want to do that some day! Glad ya'll are enjoying each other:)
Too cute!!! I love that Carter has her buddy back and of course that you have your best friend back! The shout out to Carter's "peeps" was adorable! love you guys!
i'm so glad that you are enjoying your time together! it looks like a blast!
also, i tagged you in my most recent post "ministry of mediocrity"...if you're not too busy playing with your fam! :-)
O! "my little buddies" look like they are having so much fun! Carter has some sweet dance moves. That one picture reminds me of nepolian dynomite! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment