Heading in...
Mr. Potato head...Meet your Maker!!
We were once again SO proud of her. After "one last kiss and a hug" as Carter likes to call it, Nate and I headed out. We stood in the parking lot and I bawled like a baby...he laughed at me (like he usually does) and reminded me that this wasn't real school and if this was how MDO affected me I was going to be one hot mess come the first day of kindergarten! I told him how I didn't know what I would do...four whole hours to kill before coming back to get her (fyi I was feeling very sentimental but I don't think I'll have much trouble filling my time on future Mondays)! I really did enjoy my day. I worked out harder than I have in a long time, met my hubby for a nice picnic lunch, ran a few errands pertaining to Carter's birthday bash (game time is this Friday night), and even after all that I still had about forty five minutes to kill. That's when I had the novel idea that I should check out the lounge wear at Wal-Mart. Remember I live in the outskirts of civilization, my options are limited here. As I stood in the dressing room at Wally World (which is really more like a closet without a roof in the middle of the store) my mind played ping pong between two thoughts, a. what the heck am I doing trying on sweats in the middle of Wal-Mart and b. these are actually kinda' cute. I had almost convinced myself that the pair I was sporting could easily pass for Victoria's Secret (minus the signature very large P-I-N-K across the rear, which Lord knows I don't need anything screaming, "hey look at my butt") when I came back to reality. After a quick time check on my cell phone I realized my hourglass was running low and it was time to pick up the munchkin'! She had a great first day and was all smiles. I was too and was so glad I didn't have a new pair of teeny bopper cropped sweats to explain to Nate! I'm thinking maybe next Monday I'll have a little better plan, a trip to Target may be in order...there's something about a dressing room with a roof that just makes a place feel classy!
7 comments:
Yea for MDO, I am just getting a normal routine down for those few short hours!!! I LOVE the new blog look!!!! Did you do it??
As I'm reading your blog, I am feeling your distress as your little girl goes to school (for 4 hours :o). I'm sure after a while of this routine you'll be finding plenty of things to do, or buy, and it won't be as upsetting. And to think....the kids don't even realize how big of a deal it is. They're just happy to be doing it!
She is too cute...ready for a new adventure...a mom not so sure! I love that you left a little "love note" for her. They may not read but they know the love that was put into their lunch box! The school gear is really cute too!
SO cute, I love her outfit! I'd love to play at Target with you some Monday:)
YEAH MDO!! I still can't believe that they are going to school - I am so happy that Coop and her are together in class - what a great year it is going to be!
Oh my goodness! MDO was my life saver. As a stay-at-home-mom I looked so forward to those mornings (and so forward to the afternoon when I would pick them up). First day of school was a little tough, Nat's first day, three weeks ago, of her Senior year was a little tough. But the toughest day ever was leaving Ryan in Lubbock and then having to drive 5 hours home. I had an extreme headache by the time I got home and swollen eyes. I still cry a little when he comes home and has to head back. I am not sure what I will do when Nat heads out next fall, but I think Rick has already reserved me at room at the local mental hospital. The funny thing is it seems like they just started MDO a couple of years ago. Time flies, whether your having fun or not. Love you.
Hey, Sweet girl! I'm so happy to see pic's of this milestone day! Carter, looks so excited and comfortable...
Oh! Good job on the backback, 'lunch full of love',cute outfit! I also love your new blog background.
Looking for to a birthday post!
Big hug!
Post a Comment