She wouldn't put it down! While she was away we made the most of being down to one kiddo' and finished up our new home office (I'll have more on the complete switcheroo/makeover we've had going on soon)...
It's amazing how quiet life can be with only one child around...
Except for all the roaring (that tends to break the silence)...
We rendezvoused with my Mom on Sunday to get Carter back (yay!)...
She's always just a liiiiiiiittttllle bit hyper after a weekend at Grandma's...
We had decided this would be the trip where we would finally do it...
Yep we made our first official stop at Buc-ee's. We did touristy things like took pictures with a squirrel statue (oops my bad I stand corrected it's a beaver, told you I was a tourist)...
And marveled at the fact that this is a gas station...
Curiosity and sweet tooth's satisfied we hopped back on the road and turned up the radio. If you wanna' play in Texas you gotta' have a fiddle in the band...
The next day we took full advantage of a Monday off and headed to one of our favorite places...
I felt just a little bummed as I realized that Carter is almost too old to really enjoy it anymore. Thank goodness Emme still has plenty of "little" left in her...
And just as I was feeling a little sad I looked over and saw Carter had talked her daddy into riding the flying saucers with her. She looked so tiny and so happy sitting there next to him and I cried right there in the middle of the kiddie park (maybe she's not so big after all)...
I could have also been just a wee bit emotional because I knew this whole staycation thing was rapidly coming to an end. We were squeezing in one last family outing before dropping Nate off at the airport to begin his new job...
We're familiar with jobs that involve travel so I'm not throwing a pity party. But not having him around always takes a little getting used to. One thing is for sure, we are quite the professionals when it comes to airport goodbyes...
So we're back in the saddle again. Nate to work, the girls and I doing our thing which involves stuff like chatting up your buddies in Hawaii...
Spending the morning exploring the endless reading options at Barnes and Nobles...
Turning a few brown bananas into something a little more tasty...
Dress up (of course)...
And really dressing up. As in the moment your doting Aunt decides sure, why not? Of course you can wear a flower girl dress and pearls to lunch. No problem...
It's been a good week. A little tough and a little bit of an adjustment but I'm determined to take it one day at a time and do my very best to enjoy each day. Somedays that is harder than others, but today it was easy. Today we met our new friends at the Zoo...
I highly recommend hanging out with this monkey if you ever get the chance (Lucy is pretty great too)...
He happily played peek-a-boo and follow the leader. It was kind of amazing...
Today was a good day...
And tomorrow I expect more of the same.


1 comment:
Buccee is a Beaver! ;)
Post a Comment