Seven years ago today we were just getting started...
We were totally crazy about this tiny person that our world suddenly revolved around...
And we didn't have a fat clue what we were doing...
It was impossible to imagine then...
That it would someday be now...
I can remember being so tired I couldn't think 7 days in advance...
Much less 7 years...
It's obvious that we've reached a milestone. You're no longer a baby, no longer a toddler, let's face it you're a full blown kid...
You were beautiful then...
And you are beautiful now...
I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see who you are becoming...
To watch you turn into the person I know you are meant to be...
And you know what I love most? Your heart. It's a good one baby girl and I want to encourage you to follow it...
In some weird way I feel almost like we are starting over again. I can only imagine that I will look back 7 years from now at this moment in time. I can imagine what it might be like to someday, in the not so distant future, be saying goodbye to your childhood...
Lord knows I'm not ready for that but if there's one thing I've learned over the past 7 years it's to enjoy everyday. I'm so grateful that I'm not sitting here in this moment feeling like I missed out on you...feeling like I let this phase of life slip through my fingers. Time is time and there will always be something a little hard about it marching on but we've had a great first leg of this adventure...
In the same way that I can see you now in the you then...
I can imagine 7 years from now looking back at this moment and seeing glimpses of who you would someday be...
So many gifts, talents and experiences just waiting to be seen...
7 years ago I had no idea the potential that was hidden inside of you...
And I have a feeling I'll be saying the exact same thing a little further down the road...
I can't think of anything funner than getting to be your Mom Carter...
You're one of my favorite people on the planet...
Today we are so happy to be celebrating who you've been...
Who you are...
And who you will become (the possibilities are endless sweet girl)...
Getting to be your parents was like winning the lottery baby...
We're crazy about you...
Happy Birthday dear Carter...Happy Birthday to you.































2 comments:
So sweet! I love this post! I can't believe that she is 7 years old! Crazy how time flies! Enjoy celebrating her today! Happy Birthday Carter!
Oh, heart be still. What a lovely tribute to a special girl. Carter, you are only 7 but you have already brought us a lifetime of joy! What a blessing it is to have a front row seat of watching grow up. You a precious! You make my heart turn cartwheels of happiness. Cant wait to spend the day with you celebrating your special day. I love you dearly.
Roxi
Post a Comment