I use the term loosely because it's technically just Mother's Day Out but she's kind of keen on the idea of calling it "school" because she's dying to be big just like Carter...
I'm pretty okay with her staying little for a bit longer (don't tell her I said that she'll throw a fit)...
We were ready to leave town Friday afternoon but not before a special lunch at Carter's school. It was Grandparents Day and we were thrilled that Donna came to celebrate with us...
Carter enjoyed showing Nonna off to all of her friends...
And then I busted her out of there a little early because we had places to go and people to see!
Not only were we excited about another Friday night football game (which Roxi made sure the girls had plenty of bling for)...
We were also pumped because after spending the week out of town getting acquainted with his new job Nate was flying in to meet us. Emerson caught a little snooze while we waited for him to arrive...
But she was all smiles once she saw her daddy's face...
You know what they say is true, absence does make the heart grow fonder...
Reunited we headed to the game and I thought Emerson might burst with excitement (or lose her cool when she realized the game had actually started without her). Needless to say she was thrilled to be there...
Uncle Clint was there too...
Winning is so fun...
And football friends are too...
The rest of the weekend felt just like going home should. I love that even though my parents have only lived in Temple for a short time their house feels like somewhere I've always been. My Mama has a knack for making things cozy.
Saturday night was one of those perfect Texas evenings. Cool (but not too cool) and the girls and I were playing soccer in the backyard...
We were busy scoring game winning points through tree post goals while Nate and my dad were having a beer on the deck. I had one of those magic moments where I looked around and saw my two girls chasing each other through the yard and my dad laughing with my husband (that he doesn't have to pretend to like) and I thought this is it...this is the good part...
Home is wonderful place where you are loved for being you...no strings attached. It's also a place where you might run into a childhood friend and find yourself catching up for a few hours (that seemed a lot more like a few minutes)...
It was a lovely weekend but by Sunday our time was up and we headed back to our own home sweet home (we made a little pit stop along the way)...
And in the spirit of staying "caught up" here are some of the highlights of our week so far! Kim headed to Spain with Chelsea...
But not before gifting Emerson with some princess paraphernalia (which she insisted upon wearing every last bit of)...
We were re-united with June...
Did a little homework...
And Carter had her very first Soccer practice of the season (shhhh! Don't tell Emme she's not really on the team)...
The first's didn't stop there. Here's to the last "first day of school" of 2012...
I think this year we were both ready. Since she's going back to the same program she participated in last year I think it felt more like getting back into a routine and less like a reason to feel sentimental. That was until I looked at this picture...
The thing is it makes her so happy, which of course makes me happy! So "school" is a really good for us...
I made the most of my "free time" and squeezed in not one...
But two lunches (Nate and I are going to manage this working from home thing juuuust fine)...
And then we celebrated Emme's first day with ice cream (yikes it looks like I ate a lot)...
"School" really does afford the perfect balance of togetherness and freedom. But I'm pretty crazy about the togetherness...
So is her buddy June...
And today we danced...
Life is good and this weekend a certain someone turns Seven...
Celebrating is on the agenda! Stay tuned...



No comments:
Post a Comment