Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Official

Today we officially busted Nate out of the Navy...



Ok so that's not exactly how it works, but after much deliberating, discussing, deciding, un-deciding, PRAYING and a little more praying Nate has decided to pursue life outside the Navy.  He will continue to serve in the reserves, which makes me very proud, but our family will have some changes in the very near future.  We are excited for what is ahead and hopefully optimistic that we will be growing some deeper roots with no plans to relocate in our foreseeable future.  It's a pretty fun thought.  I don't know if I have it in me to reflect on all that the adventure of being a "military family" has held and meant.  Maybe two short words can sum it up for now--Emotional Rollercoaster.  

What's the saying?  "They were the best of times, they were the worst of times..."  That would definitely apply as well.  We have been through some of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows but through it all I know we are better and stronger for who we have become in the process.  I think at some point I might enjoy really reflecting but for now we are celebrating.  A little farewell lunch with Nate's current unit today kicked things off.  When it came time for him to say a few words he surprised me with a heartfelt thank you directed my way (I might have teared up just a little).  I never knew when I married him that the Navy would be a part of the road ahead (Nate and I his second week at Officer Candidate School)...



We've come a long way and through it all I really do love him more than ever (I'm so very glad I can honestly say that)...



I couldn't be more proud of you Babe...


"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who
 may be asked in this century what he did to make his life 
worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and 
satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"


                                                                                                                                                    President John F. Kennedy

Thanks for the ride.  

9 comments:

Clark Dunlap said...

Always so proud of my nephew and he obviously has a great crew around him and backing him up.

The Hudock Family said...

We just made the same transition; I can't wait to hear what you all will be doing next!

Deciduous Heather said...

Aww Congrats! Celebrate! Excited for the changes coming your family's way!

Unknown said...

Well done...thy good and faithful servant. Fair Winds and following sea's my friend.

Sam said...

Beth! This made me teary eyed too! While I knew this was on the horizon, it became so real once I read your post. Some of our best days in the Navy were spent with your amazing family! I will always hold on to our time together and the life long friend I have in you! Congrats to you both...I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for you:)

Elaine said...

Beth, that's a big decision and something I think we have all been think about more and more. We will keep you all in our prayers as you start to make this transition! Had you not been in the Navy, we would have never met and for that, I'm thankful for that! I can't wait to see where life takes you next!

Cayce and Joel Harris said...

Sure love you Nate and we are so proud of you. You are a man of true honor. Thank you for serving us. We are so pumped to know you'll most likely be home when we get back! wahoo!!

Cayce and Joel Harris said...

Sure love you Nate and we are so proud of you. You are a man of true honor. Thank you for serving us. We are so pumped to know you'll most likely be home when we get back! wahoo!!

Megs said...

Best of luck as your family embarks on new adventures:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails