Monday, November 7, 2011

Lately...

It seems ironic to me that there are times when I feel like we have nothing going on and then suddenly it's like everything on our calendar just so happens to fall in the same week!  Lately life has been just like that...busy and fun.  Carter had her bike rodeo at school...




What's a bike rodeo?  Well, it's just like it sounds.  Little kids riding bikes instead of horses...




Anxious to show off their skills...




Carter had been practicing all week and patiently waited her turn...




Finally it was time for her to get going...




She did great!






Emme and I had run up to the school and had a front row seat...




Carter passed her safety and skill test with flying colors...




She couldn't wait to show off her ribbon...




I had so much fun watching as she and her sweet friend Hannah helped each other and hung out all morning...




Speaking of sweet friends the girls had an impromptu play date after church with their "cousins"...




I use the term cousins loosely because I realize we are definitely closer to distant than actual cousins.  The funny thing is sometimes family is a lot more about something you feel with your heart...




Lately there has been something else on my mind as well.  I can't seem to get over Emerson...




She seems to have slipped from babyhood to little girl...




It's pure delight...





Did I mention we've been busy?  As in the girls also shared flower girl duty at their sweet babysitter Kayla's wedding...




They looked beautiful...



And sweet...


And I was reminded to never underestimate how much little girls love playing "princess" for a day...







Lately life has been good.  So good in fact that Nate and I managed to squeeze in a little trip to the Bahamas...




More to come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails