Monday, November 21, 2011

Home Improvement

I've had a few unexpected flea market finds lately that have brightened up our little house.  It started with this Sonneman lamp that I ran across at an Estate Sale around the corner.  I knew this little mid-century gem would be right at home in our living room...



Less than 24 hours later my mom called me after she picked up an old stainless steel medical cabinet at a garage sale.  It needed new glass but even with that added expense it was a steal at $30.  It is currently making me just a little bit happier every time I walk into my kitchen.  I love it...






I've also had a couple of Pinterest projects up my sleeve.  I've been browsing for weeks looking for the perfect way to display some of the girls art.  I finally settled on an idea that uses empty frames.  I started with these...




And spray painted them high gloss "real orange".  When you walk in our front door this is what you see...




I decided the perfect place to "hide" my gallery was on the other side of that little overhang that divides the two spaces (looking back at the front door)...




I love it because I can see their works of art from the living room which is where we spend most of our time.  I landed on this idea because it makes swapping art out a cinch.  You just hang a clip with a nail inside each empty frame and you can change things out as often as you like.  It also gives you the ability to hang something that has a little dimension like the feathered head band Emme made at Parent's Day Out...




The girls couldn't wait to help fill the frames and so we did a little Thanksgiving themed painting...




Carter opted for a turkey...




And I set Emerson up with another little idea from Pinterest.  They used painter's tape to spell out words but I didn't have any on hand so I just spelled out T-H-A-N-K-F-U-L with sticker letters.  Emme went to town finger painting (which leaves you with a really messy baby)...




Once her paper was completely dry we pulled off the stickers and were left with this...




It was fun and equally successful at a play date with the girls names...




I could not agree more with Mr. Picasso...




Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Megs said...

cute!!! pinterest has some really great ideas. i am keeping my fingers crossed that our new home in norfolk will have a big enough laundry room to display some of the kids artwork:)

Helen Nemir Lukefahr Tanner said...

Love this!!

Deciduous Heather said...

cutest.things.ever.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sweet fam.

simon said...

Fantastic Post..Thanks for Sharing
roofing companies Aledo TX

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails