Friday, November 18, 2011

Best Banana Bread

Nothing says lovin' like two little chefs to help you whip up some tasty Banana Bread...




This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks Mammie's Feeding the Flock by Helen Allison.  It was written by the mother of a family friend.  I've yet to make anything that isn't delicious out of it and being that I was born and raised "Southern" it has recipes for all the staple comfort foods...




I have a new goal to bake some sort of bread each week.  I feel so much better about serving them a snack we made ourselves and my girls gobble it up like a couple of turkey's (both girls pictured in Thanksgiving hats they made at school)...




They are also more than eager to pitch in and help clean up...




What more could a mom ask for?  Well other than the occasional spur of the moment dinner out...




Life is Good.  Happy Friday!


Mammie's Best Banana Bread


1/2 cup margarine softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (I leave these out for kid friendly factor)
1 teaspoon soda


Combine margarine, sugar, cream until light and fluffy, add eggs and bananas, mixing well.  Combine dry ingredients, stir into banana mixture, just until all ingredients are moistened, stir in pecans and vanilla.  Spoon into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.  Bake at 300 for 1 and 1/2 hours.  


*Carter looooves mashing the bananas up and whipping up the batter literally takes less than five minutes, easy peasy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails