First of all thank you so much for your prayers and concern over our sweet little Emme. She was all smiles as she headed off to her very first (and dare I hope last) surgery...
Once we got there the waiting game began. I'm not sure whose brilliant idea it is to have you arrive hours before a surgery and sit in a small confined waiting area with a less than two year old, but if you ask me it's not so brilliant...
Lucky for us we had a few books to keep us busy...
And a baby who made fast friends with all the nurses by flashing them her award winning grin...
It was finally time for her to head back and there was a small twinge of letting something so precious out of your sight, I don't care how "routine" her procedure was. I'm still her mamma after all...
I hadn't made it half way through my magazine when they came out to let me know she was finished and things had gone perfectly. I was expecting another wait as she came out of her anesthesia...but she had something else in mind. She woke up quickly and was a wild child. Nothing we could do would calm her down as she thrashed and kicked us for the better part of an hour. I share this only because I had NO idea this was a fairly common reaction and was not prepared at all! Otherwise the experience was an easy one and I am so thankful for the relief that I'm confident this will provide.
Not to be left out Carter had her own BIG accomplishment last week as she wrapped up her first year of school. We joined she and her class as they celebrated...
There was dancing (Emme was happy to join in)...
Awarding...
And appreciating (I couldn't have asked for a better teacher for Carter)...
We were all so proud of her and this first year of learning...
We thought a balloon and some flowers might hit the spot...
I can't believe how quickly the last day got here...
I could get a little sappy as I realize this is what it will be like...the years will just start to fly by...
Which leaves me bound and determined to enjoy the summer. I'm thinking walks to Starbucks, library dates, sprinkler afternoons, pool days, and a few of our favorites like baking, painting, and reading books. I've gotta' soak this little lady up...
Kindergarten you'll have to wait...we've got summer fun on the agenda!!












3 comments:
Very glad Emme's procedure went well! I know it is never easy putting your child in someone else's hands- I am sorry to hear she had a bad reaction- must be the age- Keira has done the same thing.
Enjoy the summer!
So glad it went well! I completely relate- we went through all of that with Charlie when he was about 13 months and actually one of his tubes just fell out the other day! They were like a little miracle after that first year of one ear infection after another.
By the way... those pillows on my bed are from West Elm, Paul got them for me for my birthday (after I emailed him the link to the exact ones I wanted, haha!) :)
Beth, I wish I'd seen your other post earlier and I would have warned you about the after-effects of anesthesia on little ones. Lucky for us the nurse cautioned us before Austin came out of his surgery, but it was still a terrible experience having your toddler act that way! I'm glad everything went well and I'm sure this will be a big help for her ears - it did wonders for Austin.
Post a Comment