Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For this child I prayed.

There is a thread that I can see as I look back over the past few years of my life.  Sometimes it has been more visible than others, but if I look really hard I know it has always been there.  It's a provision of friends (who quickly become like family) that surround us wherever we go.


I've said it before (and I'll say it again) moving has never really been my thing.  I always hated being the "new kid" and walking into a room full of people I don't know still leaves my stomach with a few knots.  I've learned to cope and even thrive at times in these settings but it hasn't been without some growing pains.  For this reason I feel so very loved as I can think of the people that have come in and out of our life as we have moved numerous times throughout our marriage.  They are tangible representations of God's love for me.


San Antonio has not been different.  Well...I guess a little different.  I did after all have a built in bestie when I moved here (sisters are invaluable like that).  I also had a prospect that I knew would become a fast friend (I couldn't imagine my life without Cayce and crew).  These people are amazing and really...that would have been enough.  But, that's kinda' what I love about God, He usually doesn't stop at enough.  He is pretty good at laying it on thick in the "love" department.


When I walked into a beautiful home almost a year ago I had no idea what a difference the people there would make in my life.  They have become an encouragement, a support, and friends (although that word does not do it justice).  To have a place where you can let your guard down and worship freely is priceless.


Last weekend our "church" surrounded us and supported us as we dedicated our precious Emme. They prayed for her life, for who she will become, for the person she is and will someday be...it meant the world to us (thanks Katie for the beautiful photo)...




Of course the evening was not without a few little hiccups.  Emme is after all a 16 month old who would prefer to run around and stir up a little trouble than sit still...




But the moment was just as special in spite of her "exploring"...




We were surrounded by so many of our favorite people...





Knowing that they will be a part of our daughters life as she continues to grow is such a comfort...


It's pretty amazing to be surrounded by love and support like that...


And for you sweet Emme...my prayer as your mamma is that you would grow and learn to love in the way that Jesus loves you.  That the joy that comes flowing so freely out of you even at this young age would continue to flow freely throughout your life.  You are dynamic and vivacious and I cannot wait to see what amazing things lie ahead of you.  For now I'm so thankful to get to spend everyday with you.  For your sweet little arms that pull my face to yours as you pucker up for a kiss.  You are the kind of baby that could make a person want to have a hundred more.  I adore you little girl. 

6 comments:

Donna said...

P R E C I O U S !

Kira Lee said...

We may have to join you for Church one Sunday once we are down there if that is okay? :-)

Roxanne said...

On. Beth! How beautiful! The picture of Emme. God's faithfulness and goodness, and the love that He has poured out through His body. I'm so thankful!

Roxanne said...

I had to come back again and read it again...see the pictures and feel His love. What a way to start out your life. I'm touched and thankful.

Sarah Shalley said...

I soooo needed this! My husband and I have an amazing life in Houston and are about to make our first move with an infant....I'm encouraged that you love San Antonio. We're moving to the area! :)

Sarah Shalley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails