Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dear Emerson, Today you are 1...

One year ago today we were here...




I was feeling quite happy (and a little exhausted) having just brought all 8 lbs 15 ounces of you into the world...




In an instant we went from three to four (which, in the famous words of Goldilocks, felt juuust right)...




It was love at first sight and we adored you...




And as smitten as we all were with you in the beginning I have to admit one year later we are just head over heels in love with you...



Obsessed with your laugh...




Your "Hi's and Bye Bye's"...


Your eyelashes that go on for days...




Your chubby legs...




Your clap...




The way you chew on your upper lip (my personal favorite)...




The look you get when I just know your contemplating something big (like maybe another dip in the toilet)...




Your "Where's Emerson?"....




Your determination...



Your button nose...




Your infectious giggle...




The way you look at me...




With eyes so blue you could take a swim in them...




You've got us all hooked, especially your beautiful older sister...




She's pretty crazy about you...




The two of you together=some mischief going on around here...





We are all crazy about you sweet little Emme and today a new year begins.  Today you walk into a year filled with learning, talking, playing, and a whole lotta' love.  But I won't forget this past year...

































This past year was spent getting to know you and my heart is full of all the wonderful things that adding you to our family meant.  I love you baby girl. Happy Birthday...




XOXO, Your Mama

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emme!!! Sorry it's a day late. And Beth, I LOVE all the pictures. I'm going to have to plan a trip to SA for you to take some new pics of the kids.

Joni

Sam said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Emme! We haven't had the chance to meet you but you seem like one amazing little girl! May this year fill you with smiles, giggles, and lots of love!

Beautiful words Beth!

Anne said...

Beth - What a sweet and heartfelt post to your beautiful daughter. The photos of her and a look back in your year are just wonderful. Our daughter Grace's birthday is the 19th also, she turned 4. Happy Birthday wishes from our family to your daughter.

Anne

mlr said...

o beth. they are both so incredibly beautiful!!

happy birthday to sweet emme. I can't wait to meet her someday:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! I've got Emme's bday package ready for the mail, so she'll get it soon. Give her a big hug and kiss from me.

Xoxo

Kathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails