So last spring Emme was just a few months old. It was a Saturday morning and Kim had joined us to watch Carter's soccer game. As we sat on the sidelines the mom of one of her teammates approached us. She ooohed and aaahed a bit over the new baby and then asked what her name was, of course I replied, "Emerson". Well fast forward a few minutes and her husband walks up to join us. She turns to him and says, "Hey honey have you met Beth and her new baby EMERMAN (as in Emer with the word MAN on the end)?" My sister and I both did our best to stifle a giggle and I didn't have the heart to correct her. I have to admit for awhile there we were all so tickled with it that I was actually a little concerned that the nickname would stick. Luckily it has passed and we only occasionally reference our sweet little baby Emerman.
Why the lengthy explanation you might ask? As I set down to type the first thing that came to mind as a Title for my post was the famous NASA quote which begins, "One small step for man..." But then of course I realized the opportunity for a play on words using "Emerman" and the rest is history!
And since I've milked this for all it's worth I will get to the point which is......................................................
FIRST STEPS!!
Just ignore my overly excited "Momma chatter" in the background, I try to remember not to talk when I'm filming (because who really loves the sound of their own voice played back over and over again) but today the moment got the best of me....
These are the moments that make being a Momma so sweet. Way to go baby girl! Keep on truckin'!


4 comments:
Yeah Emerson! I've watched 6 times! I love the precious expressions on your face!!! Can't wait until your b'day!
SO cute! That is always one of my favorite moments to go back and watch for all of the 3 kids....
Congrats Emerson!
Ohhhhh! I love that and wish I could squeeze that little munchkin! Love you, Les
oh so sweet! Yay Emerson!!!
Post a Comment