All that to say that I've been on the lookout for a baby mobile. I have found myself checking them out in stores, on ETSY, etc. but just haven't found the one that was "just right" (or if it was the price was NOT right). I wanted something sweet and lovely (just like my little Emme) for her to gaze at. So when I ran across this...
I had an idea. Well, actually the first thing that popped into my head was how much I liked this...
But then I had an idea. I thought to myself "Baby Mobile!" So out came the contents of the box and I got to work...
Easy to follow "flower making" directions...
And soon I had some happy little pieces to work with (I used some of the wire in the kit to bend into shapes)...
I took a bamboo stick and cut it to size...
And then went in search of some fishing line. I knew I had some from a previous project but was pretty bummed when I couldn't find it. Luckily on my way in from the garage I ran across this (thank you Carter for contributing to my project)...
SCORE!! I was in business. I set to work assembling (tying things on was a little tedious but with patience quite simple really). And VOILA, the finished product...
I'm tickled pink at the way the elements seem to float above her crib...
It makes me happy (and even happier that I only spent 4 bucks!)...
But my favorite thing about this project are the little eyes that will be looking at it...
I think these kits (and the others by Martha Stewart) have endless possibilities. Michael's carries them at full price, but I got mine on clearance at TJ Maxx and have also seen them at a major discount at Big Lots. If you need a little craft project grab one and have a little fun!

6 comments:
ADORE!!! I can't emphasize enough how much I love this mobile!...and post. Way to go Beth!
SUPER cute Beth!! Love it! Poor Georgia is still in her bassinet beside me but hopefully soon she will be moved in with Emma...hopefully...
Love it!! Makes me REALLY want a baby girl :)
I had to crack up about Emme making so much noise in her sleep and being upgraded to the closet! I know the feeling. My mom spent 7 weeks with me when Samuel was born and the only positive thing about her leaving (before Jason came home from deployment) was the fact that I could move noisy-sleeper-Samuel out of my bedroom and into the guest bedroom!
you are too creative! it must be crazy to just get to go to tjmaxx. i kind of can't believe that by the end of june i will be able to just go to those type of stores!
you.are.brilliant. I want to be you.
Oh that's so cute! Where do you come up with this?Wow what a great site, glad I saw this it was so helpful. Have you read about http://www.diybabymobile.com, another great website! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment