Saturday, May 15, 2010

Date Night

This post is long overdue (kinda' like our date night). A couple of weeks ago Nate and I headed out on the town...
I'm ashamed to say that it was our first "real" date since Emerson has been born. Pathetic I know. Emme was safe at home in the arms of Nonna...
And Carter pretended to be sad we were leaving...
But that didn't last long because she was headed out too, for a fun evening at the ballpark with Aunt Kim and Uncle John...
Free from the munchkins Nate and I made our way through downtown (there's no place like home)...
I was one happy camper...
Sitting next to my best friend (I love this guy)...
My boots and I were ready to kick up our heels country style...
Country music style that is, to the tune of Reba McIntire and George Strait! Nate is quite the George fan and when we heard he was coming to his hometown we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to see him live. Reba was just a part of the show (to be honest I've never been a huge fan) but after seeing her live, that lady can sing!! We enjoyed a few treats, HIS...
And HERS...
When George finally hit the stage we were hoping to here some of his greatest hits and he didn't disappoint!
We sang along to all the goodies...
It was a perfect evening just the two of us (and 55,000 of our closest friends)...
Date night is officially back!

p.s. Apparently Carter didn't miss us too much, she had the time of her life at the game and made a new "best friend"....
amazing how kids can do that in less than five minutes!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Cute! Looks like a fun date night! I love country music, and I love Reba! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails