Monday, May 24, 2010

Beach Baby

Sand in the bottom of my suitcase is all that is left of our week in paradise which makes me immediately grateful for cameras. I love the fact that long after an event you can look back and recall what it meant through the photos. We spent plenty of time soaking up the beautiful Hawaii sun and Emerson met the ocean for the first time...

She was quite a cute little beach baby if you ask me...

She also spent a lot of time here...

Everywhere we went we made friends and met new people because they couldn't resist her charming little grin. She also managed to catch a few winks in the shade...

It was a wonderful vacation. We quickly found that Emme wouldn't make it through a nice restaurant dinner without getting cranky so we adapted. From that point on we enjoyed putting her to bed and having a picnic just the two of us in our room. It wound up being one of my favorite things about the trip. A little alone time with this guy is quite the treat...

But I think the highlight would have to be getting to know our sweet little girl just a little better. We've had four years to focus our undivided attention on Carter and it was nice to get to spend just a small fraction of that doing the same with Emme....

She is sweet beyond words, quick to smile, has the MOST kissable cheeks you've ever seen and loves to reach out and touch your face with both hands. She is also pretty quick to grab a fist full of hair so look out!! It was a trip I won't forget...thanks so all who helped make it possible! My heart is happy.

5 comments:

Kim said...

This is my favorite picture of her to date.

Molly said...

I cannot wait to see those kissable cheeks in person!! glad you had a great time!

Roxanne said...

me too!...but missing Carter! I just posted my blues. Also check out Jo Carol's bunnytrails.blogspot

Jessica said...

Beth she is gorgeous...I seriously want to squeeze her! So glad you got some time just for the three of you.

Meg Foster said...

Beth- she is so, so beautiful! Hoping we can see you all when we are in TX this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails