Saturday, March 27, 2010

Breakfast

I'm a big fan of sleep. I hate with a capital H waking up in the morning. When I get up the last thing on my mind is food so I'm usually not a big fan of breakfast. I know they say that skinny people eat breakfast...maybe if I start I can lose the few pounds that seem so at home on my booty.
Whenever we visit my mom she always goes all out and makes an authentically southern breakfast (which wouldn't be SOUTHERN without a stick of butter)...
and even though I'm not normally a fan of the first meal of the day you can't pass up my Momma's cooking (we like to call her Paula Dean, isn't she adorable)...
There is nothing like waking up to the sound and smell of sausage sizzling...
Carter loves getting in on the biscuit making...
Cooking "from scratch" is somewhat of a lost art, so I'm glad she has my mom around to show her the ropes...
I may let her start cooking me breakfast every morning...
YUMM-O this family loves Roxi's cookin'!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Beth, your family is so precious! I love reading your posts. Thanks for stopping by my blog...your mama was a great help with it! :)

Deciduous Heather said...

Beth, your family is so sweet gorgeous! And yummy, dontcha just love southern cooking?! :)

Roxanne said...

note to self: When Beth and her Canon xsi are visiting, get up early and get dressed before cooking breakfast!

Lissa said...

Beth, you are the only person I've met who can make egg cartons and sticks of butter -still wrapped up! - look breathtakingly beautiful.
I know your life is happy, and not all that different than most happy moms, but somehow you make it look stellar through your lens. Then it makes me look at my life through your lens - all of a sudden I'm tearing up! Thank you for making mommyhood so beautiful.

lyndsay said...

nice comment Roxi! I like the authenticity which isn't that what blogs are all about. I like this post Beth bc it brought me back to memories of my Mema's delicious southern breakfasts. I can just smell that bacon now and taste the warm biscuits and gravy. YUM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails