Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spread the Love

The wedding festivities over this past weekend were so much fun! I have a few pic's/thoughts that I would like to share, so in no particular order, here goes!

We had a little bachelorette party with Jenny on Thursday night. We had a nice dinner and were then going to head to Billy Bob's for a little Country Western dancing. A fellow bridesmaid suggested that we make a quick stop at a place called City Streets. I must admit (and Jenny you will laugh at this) when they were describing the place I was a little leery. My mind immediately pictured a crazy Vegas night club with cages and half dressed gals. My immediate thought was, I'm a mom of two, what the heck have I gotten myself into?? Well, needless to say, it was quite tame compared to what my imagination was dreaming up. Lets just say that we were sharing the dance floor with a group of middle aged folks. My Frye boots and I felt a little out of place but it was all in the name of a really good laugh! We did finally make it to Billy Bob's where we placed Jenny's "Bachelorette Hat" on her head. As a side note I have to give a shout out to my one of a kind, talented momma! My sister had shown her this photo...

and told her that we would love to have Jenny wear something like it for her party. A few hours later we received word that the "hat" had been created. I mean seriously who else has a mom that just whips up their every whim at the drop of a hat (no pun intended)...

If you don't already visit her blog you must, it's
Roxanne the Artist, every line on her page oozes with creativity! Here is Jenny and her cute self ready to hit the dance floor...



The next morning we had a little brunch with the bride. My sister and I were doing our best to make the morning special but somewhere along the way we (and I do mean Kim) may or may not of dropped a bottle of champagne and broke a plate! It was just a little bit like a comedy act. In spite of our antics it turned out quite nicely. Jenny looked beautiful, like she always does...



And we were able to put some of the jam I made from our strawberry picking endeavor last summer to good use. We just added a cute little label and they made the perfect favor...



It was a lovely morning (Mimi and Aunt Susan)...

Spent with the newest member of our family...

That night my parents hosted a festive rehearsal dinner. It was the perfect opportunity to introduce Emerson to some of our family. Here she is with G.G...
and sweet Aunt Lynette (aka The Wedding Fairy)...

She also met her future husband Grant. One of my best friends Mindi gave birth a few weeks before me and we are all about arranged marriages around here...
We also decided to give Lyndsay a little taste of what it might be like to have twins, she wasn't too sure about that...

The next day was Wedding Day! Lyndsay's sweet momma Leslie was kind enough to watch Emme while the rest of our family was busy (Best Man, bridesmaid, and flower girl)...
Leslie has been like a second mom to me my whole life. Pretty cool that she held me when I was a baby and now she is holding my baby. She is one of the most beautiful women I know...
And while we are on the subject of beautiful women I just have to share this picture. It represents so much to me. Let's put it this way. Sometimes I feel like I'm just doing my very best to pull it all off. Saturday was no exception as I tried to get myself and two girls wedding ready. We were running a little late to the church and Kim, Carter and I were literally throwing on our dresses. I was still busy changing when someone snapped this photo...
It means so much to me because it just shows the love that I feel from my sister. She is such a help to me...a shoe putter on-er, a hand holder, a hair fixer, a jacket zipper, but most of all a friend to my precious little girl. She is an unselfish extra pair of hands whenever I need her, and that means more than I could ever say.

It was a great weekend of celebrating. I couldn't help but think back to the day I married this guy...

A lot has changed since that day. But, a career change, several cross country moves, and two beautiful girls later I still love you more than ever.

5 comments:

Molly said...

LOVE all the pictures! and you do a great job of always spreading the love out to everyone around you!

Megs said...

What a FUN weekend! I love all the pictures- it looks like a great time with family and friends.... the brunch gifts were really cute!

Roxanne said...

Thanks, Beth ! It was fun to see the pictures.

Sam said...

Hey Beth! It looks like you guys had a blast! That hat was so awesome...your mom is super talented just like you! Hope all is great! Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, what a fun post! It was my pleasure to take care of precious Emme!!!! What a fun time together...Love Les

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails