
Watching my baby sleep.
Is like watching a part of me breathe outside my body.
It is the gift of seeing peace.
Her rest is mine and yet I am awake.
The sweet arch of her lip and crease of her chin
four years and they are unchanged.
Is it possible an angel rests beside me?
Can she really be mine?
To be trusted with such things...
It can only mean this...
I am truly loved by someone.
Author of my story.
The gift of immeasurably more.
My heart is yours...
and I fall more in love
with every breath that she takes.

4 comments:
Very sweet. Thanks for this post. I know I feel the same way.
Dear daughter, how incrediblely beautiful are your words.So true and amazing!
I agree with your mom. Beautiful. The words. And the kid:)
WOWSER!!! Love the new Header. Each one is my new favorite! I'm impressed! Big hug!
Post a Comment