Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Small and orange and round and lovely...

Yesterday I got to head out on a field trip with Carter's Pre-Scool class. They were off to a quaint little working pumpkin farm. I was a little curious to see how 16 three and four year old's would behave on the loose, but their teacher runs a tight ship and they were perfect little angels. The tour began with a look at a few of the animals on the farm. Turkey's (aka someones Thanksgiving dinner)...

My little munchkin's personal fave the cats and their kittens...

She was particularly fond of this little black kitten who seemed to follow her around the rest of the day...
which made her smile...
On to the next animals...
I whole herd of these guys (I felt a little like The Pioneer Woman as I was taking this pic)...
Nothing like watching a cow eat a pumpkin, now that's something you don't see everyday...
It was then time to head out in search of the perfect pumpkin...
It didn't take her long...
Small and orange and round and lovely the pumpkin from the patch was looking (hummed to the tune of The Girl From Ipanema)...
These kids were so well behaved they even managed to get a group photo...
That was until a certain little black kitten got the attention of a certain little girl...
She was a lost cause at that point...
What a wonderful day with my little punkin'!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love these photos! That one of Carter and her friend holding hands is a keeper for sure! And can I vote for best dressed? Carter was rockin' her threads!!! Oh, and one more thing! I think you have a calling with the animal portraits! ; )

Roxanne said...

Hello, girls! My, did I enjoy the pictures of your field trip! ...almost felt like I was there. It looks like you had a lovely day.... What a great bunch of kids!Beth, you look lovely as always. Thanks for making me feel closer to you cuties! Big hugs!

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Your photos made me smile!! I miss those pre-school field trips to the farm!! I showed my honey your blog and told him that's what we'll be doing in a couple of years again, God willing. :) All of the kids are dressed so colorfully!! Is that a word? : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Tricia said...

Looks like you guys need to adopt a kitty. :) Ditto all the compliments on your photos; they're always so good! Could you tell me what model camera you're using? We're in the market for a new one...

Beth said...

Thanks girls! Tricia these were taken with my "camera purse" it's just a little point and shoot...I think it's the Sony Cybershot, nothing fancy. I sometimes use my 35 mm Canon Rebel with a zoom lens for "special occasions". I'm in the market for a new fancy digital I'll let you know when I decide! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails