This past week Carter had Open House at pre-school. We have been looking forward to it for a few weeks. She made us an invitation and kept us on pins and needles by telling us about all the wonderful "crafts" she was making to show us. When Wednesday night rolled around we were just beside ourselves with anticipation. As soon as we entered the room she immediately started telling us about all of her projects, a book all about her...
A pumpkin (she knew which one was hers because it had teeth, the only one with teeth I might add)...
And, as we ooohed and ahhhhed over all of her creations I realized that the pride she felt was very similar to my own. I mean just look at her...3 and a half feet of blonde hair, blue eyes and an ear to ear grin. Don't get me wrong, she has her moments, and lately they come with an overdose of sass. But, I find myself feeling the same way about her that she does her masterpieces. I have to refrain from having my own "Open House" everyday. It would be so easy to give in and tell every person we meet, "Look! She sings, dances, and can write her ABC's! Oh, and she even has teeth!"
I'm sure it is the stuff that all parents blood is made of. But, there is something so amazing about looking at a little person that you had a role in creating and just marveling in all the complex things that make them tick. I think the term is sometimes overused, but gosh, we sure are blessed...+007+copy.jpg)

4 comments:
That is so sweet it brought tears to my eyes!! :)
Great post!! I completely relate!
What a wonderful post, Beth!! That feeling never goes away. My oldest is almost 17 and when I watch him play football for our varsity team I think of all the hard work and dedication he has put into it and I am so proud of him. Or when he gets dressed up for some kind of function and I see how much of a young man he is now I know that I just beam. I feel that way about all three of my sons. You just can't put the depth of your love and adoration for them into words. Amazing Grace. : )
~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/
You whole family is a blessing to me. I love you all so much!!!
Post a Comment