Wednesday, October 22, 2008

There's a new Girl in town

I wasn't feeling great this afternoon so Nate, being the sweet guy that he is, came home from work and took Carter grocery shopping. It was kinda' necessary because we were pretty much out of EVERYTHING...and if I'm being honest I didn't leave him much choice because I was practically dying on the couch and couldn't move (it has since passed, but felt life threatening at the time). Anyway, they just returned, it sounds like Carter was a perfect angel and she is in the BEST mood...how come that never happens to me?! Maybe this is partly due to the fact that he bought her some new bubbles, and nothin' says lovin' like some new hot pink bubbles with a flower wand! She couldn't wait to show me and was going on and on about heading out to the porch to do bubbles by daddy's girl. She repeated it several times and I was puzzled. Who was the girl daddy had been keeping from me and why did she live on the porch, then it hit me, not girl...grill. Got it.



p.s. These are the kinds of things my husband comes home with from the grocery store. I mean overall he did a great job of keeping it normal, these however are not included in the staple items I usually buy...




I'm thankful for two things:

1. Pop Tarts are not in the least bit tempting to me. I mean we would literally have to be out of all things that contained sugar in our kitchen before I would be tempted to grab a pop tart.

2. The corn is "PictSweet" which I'm assuming is the manufacturers clever way of assuring us it was picked at the point of perfection, which also means it should be real tasty.

I'll hold out hope, or maybe I'll just secretly move it to the back of the freezer and we'll find it when we clean out the fridge on our next big move.

All jokes aside, I picked a pretty sweet one myself, my guy is as good as they come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cut beth! and no, don't throw that corn out- if ya'll like corn that is the best tasting I've ever had! A lady sent some for our finner one night and I had to call her and find out what kind it was, that picsweet is really good! Lanessa

Sara said...

I wish pop tarts weren't a staple at our house, but they definitely are! Sydney can't live without them - it's usually the first thing out of her mouth in the morning: "Good morning, mommy. My want a pop-tart please". EVERY day...:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails