Sunday, October 26, 2008

Little Lamb of the Month

Carter is sweet. There are so many endearing things about her that I've lost count. I feel compelled to mention that there are also quite a few not so endearing things to counter act the sweetness, but I'm not dwelling on those today. Today, I'm dwelling on her sweetness. Do you know that this precious little girl spent an entire afternoon this week assisting me? As I picked up and cleaned one afternoon she "wanted to help"...I gave her a task and she quickly completed it, only to return and ask, "What can I do for you now Mommy?" Over and over and over again, until I had actually run out of little things for her to do. Sometimes I'm simply overwhelmed by her eagerness and desire to please (that desire can be pretty under-whelming too, especially when she decides she doesn't want to do something, but like I said, I'm not focusing on that today).

This year has been Carter's first year of Sunday School. She is in the Little Lambs class, and starting today she is the "Little Lamb" of the month. She has an entire bulletin board with photos of her from birth on up doing some of her favorite things. She was more than a little excited to get to, "tell all of her friends about her family." She was also pretty excited because she realized this morning that one of her favorite cartoon characters Annie (off of Disney's Little Einsteins) actually "looks like her." She figured it out on her own, pointing out to me that they both have blue eyes, and later insisting that I put her hair in pigtails just like Annie. I went as far as to start calling her Annie, but she quickly let me know that was a bit much, she wasn't actually Annie, they just looked like each other. So, without further ado, here is our little lamb Annie...

I mean Carter...

Proudly showing off her bulletin board...

I'm am so thankful to have this smile to brighten up my world. A picture of her from a year ago can literally make me cry because I cannot believe how much she has grown, but I wouldn't trade the age she is at for anything. She says and does the funniest things, she keeps me on my toes, she can make a funny face better than anyone I have ever seen, she has learned to pray (even though each one is the same, Dear God-Thank you for this day, and thank you for a sweet daddy...amen), she loves popcorn, baby dolls, coloring, baths, stickers and chocolate milk, with reckless abandon. I've never felt comfortable fudging the truth about the moment Carter was born...I didn't have that alleluia experience, you know the one where people say the heavens opened and the angels sang and they were never the same again. For me it was a little more gradual, but I know this, she has stolen my heart and I fear I will never get it back.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

What a sweet post. Carter looks adorable! Hugs and kisses..

Dacia said...

so sweet!! ellie has that same brown dress...i love it! it's the one we're getting her one year pictures taken in! :-)

Megs said...

what a great way to take a walk down memory lane:)it does go by way too fast- and you are right- focus on the sweet moments instead of those toddler moments:)

lyndsay said...

I can't believe how big Carter has gotten just since this summer. That post is adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails