Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's a little thing we like to call a "Pool Membership"

This weekend we all emptied out our piggy banks and joined the pool!  Ok...so it's just a little bit more expensive than that.  We couldn't quite pull it off on spare change. (Carter had been looking forward to this moment for quite some time and couldn't wait to get inside)...  




I have fond memories of spending my summer's at the pool growing up...




It's hard to imagine Summer without a diving board...





Or a baby pool...








When I was a kid we perfected the art of free lemondade.  One ice cold water, one packet of sweet n' low and a few slices of lemon.  I'm looking forward to teaching my girls the tricks of the trade.  But Saturday we celebrated our new membership by splurging on popsicles for everyone (I chose a fudge bomb channeling my sixth grade cafeteria days)...




I could watch Emerson eat a popsicle all. day. long.







The other plus side to days at the pool are built in playmates...




You never know who you might run into (Emme hit the jackpot and got to spend the afternoon with her best bud Claire)...





I'm thinking when it comes to friends at the pool this Summer life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna' get!





I have high hopes for Summer...



I think after the past three days it's safe to say the pool isn't going to let me down...




Throw in a couple of family bike rides...





Some monkeying around...





Sisters who actually get along (hallelujah!)...




And a looooong Sunday afternoon nap...




And I'd say this Summer gig is off to a pretty good start!  Wouldn't you agree Emme...




That's her, "I absolutely POSITIVELY agree" face in case you were wondering.  Cheers to Summer!

1 comment:

Me said...

Hey mama! We joined the pool this weekend too! Would love to join up sometime and combine our mama-forces! We will be going this weekend if you are free.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails