The four of us set out for a long weekend. I left my girls in the very capable hands or their sweet Roxi (and apparently Taco Palenque)...
I knew there was no telling what kinds of adventures they might have...
And I enjoyed the added bonus of traveling with Nate which means you're first class all the way baby. Which also means you are in a pretty good mood once you arrive. Hearing "Young Homie" the second we hopped in our rental car didn't hurt either...
We picked up our peeps...
And headed to the "Haus O'Fraunz" where we were met with the funniest welcome note I've ever seen (Thanks y'all for opening up your home to us. It was fabulous!)....
The next morning we did a little back porch sittin'...
Then we set out to show Bryan the sites (he was a DC virgin). Our choice of transportation was the Metro of course...
First stop the Arlington National Cemetery...
Followed by the Lincoln Memorial...
We finished out the day with a nap and a nice dinner (my kind of vacation)...
The next morning we were introduced to the amazing Ted's Bulletin...
Dear Homemade Pop Tart ~ I can't stop thinking about you. It was love at first
After breakfast we spent some time at the Eastern Market and then said "Cheers" to a new hotel...
The next morning we hit the pavement again...
And saw a few more sights...
Later that day Nate made my trip by waiting in the Georgetown Cupcake line with me (Totally worth it. In my opinion they blow Sprinkles out of the water)...
Then we had a tasty dinner at Matchbox where we managed to squeeze in a visit with this little dude...
And we couldn't resist re-visiting Ted's for dessert (think homemade pie and "adult" milkshakes)...
It was an awesome trip filled with plenty of photo ops...
It was also filled with plenty of "Kim" sightings! Kim and one of her super excited fans...
I enjoyed every minute of our get-a-way but also enjoyed being re-united with these two little people who were very happy to see me...
I was greeted with a clean house, a fiesta wreath (that Emme insisted she made "all by herself") and a flower bed bull of new lantana...
All courtesy of my sweet Mama or "Grandma" as Emerson has suddenly taken to calling her (as in she cries as she's getting in trouble and says, "I want my Grandmaaaaaaaaa!)...
As nice as it is to get a way it's equally nice to get back into the swing of things (as in Taco dates with my favorite 2 year old, Fiesta cakes created by Carter and toddler's wrapped in monster towels)...
Life is slowing down a bit around here and finding its way back to "normal" (whatever that is). I can't wait to share the wedding I mentioned last week with y'all! Here's a little sneak peak (I had a blast seeing all the details come together and getting to arrange so many beautiful flowers!)...
Congrats Nicki!! So happy that you're a "Mrs."...
And with that monstrous post I feel almost caught up! Now if only I felt that way about my laundry...





























































1 comment:
Wow, Beth, the wedding was stunning! If you ever have time, I think you should open up a wedding planning business. In addition to your photography business and design business. I also think you should be an interior designer. Think you can handle all that?
Post a Comment