Friday, March 2, 2012

My Little Buttercup

She's about the sweetest thing you've ever met.  She says "yes ma'm", "thank you very much" and "go to the store and get some" about 100 times a day.  She sings, she dances and she's my favorite daily errand running until her sister gets home buddy.  She's my little buttercup and she has the sweetest smile...




She can also be quite a little toot.  So the other morning after I put her in her crib for a time out imagine my surprise when less than a minute later she came waltzing into the kitchen.  Yep, looks like we have a little escape artist.  So yesterday I  lowered her mattress to try to keep her contained just a little longer...




She busied herself with a book...




She's also been spending a lot of time on one of her new favorite activities, dress up.  She usually opts for princess dresses and crowns but today she found Carter's leotard and soccer shoes and insisted upon wearing them (I think it's safe to say that right now when Emme grows up she wants to be just like Carter)...




We also ran a few errands this morning.  Every time we park somewhere she say's, "Emme come too Mommy?!"  And I swear I've never left her in the car so I don't where she got the idea that she wouldn't be coming with me!  We had a few routine stops and our last one was the post office which just so happens to be next door to Central Market.  Someday when I'm rich I'm gonna' do my weekly grocery shopping there, but until then I'll settle for an occasional stop when I just need a "few things".  I stroll slowly so that I can enjoy the ambiance.  Today I decided to treat myself and splurged on a hanging basket full of succulents (it rode home underneath Emme's happy feet)...  




She insisted we get the one with the "purple flower" and I obliged her . I think sometimes buying something "just because" makes life a better place...




That and saltine crackers...




For some reason this week I have felt a little more aware of the sweet little everyday moments.  Like when Emme dances to the "gumdrop song"...




Sometimes the moments seem to fly by and when I glance back I feel this slightly panicky "I don't want to forget this" thing creeping up.  Truth be told I think that's why blogging resonates with me.  So in the spirit of remembering here's a few things that I have "forgotten" to post about lately.  


The weather seems to be on a bit of a roller coaster lately.  Cold or Hot?  It's having hard time making up it's mind.  We've been rolling with the punches and on one of our more recent chilly afternoons we bundled up for a walk...







I love being out and about with my girls.  I'm not going to pretend that I get the "racecart" every time we go to the grocery store (I would lose my mind).  But maybe that means when I give in it makes it all the more special...






Special is one of those words that I hope my girls will use when they look back at their childhood.  Special as in "we made homemade Valentine's"...








Or "my mom took me for an after school snack just the two us"...




Or special as in "I remember that one time she went on my class field trip and drew a worm on my lunch sack (who knows maybe it will be the little things they'll remember?)...





Little things like snuggling after an unexpected Saturday afternoon nap...





Sometimes it's good to look at all the "little" moments and remember that they can add up to one great BIG happy life.  I'm so grateful for that.  For good friends (we recently spent the evening celebrating Bryan and his birthday)...





For Chik-Fil-A ice cream...



For soccer stars in the making...




For the unexpected makeover I got during the Super Bowl that made me feel like a million bucks...





I'm grateful for all of it.  Because even though sometimes it doesn't seem like there is anything monumental going on from day to day it all adds up to some pretty great stuff.  And leaves me feeling...well...special.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love you Beth. Everything about you is special. Love your girls and the post...Thanks for sharing your stories and thoughts. You are so pretty and sweet:)

Momma

Dacia said...

i always love your posts, beth. thanks for the inspiration today. i've been on a little bit of a blogging hiatus lately and can't figure out why. it's like i'm boycotting because it takes away time from the little things, but your post reminded me why i do blog because it helps me to remember the little things and that is truly the most important thing right now. thanks for the inspiration as always! :-)

Kristin said...

Beth, I so love following your posts. I've been stressing about whether to work or "SAHM" when we move this summer, and your blog is helping me realize just how much I want to stay home with the boys and enjoy the "little things" with them while I still can! Thanks for the motivation :) PS> Emme has got to be the sweetest thing on Earth!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails